Monday, October 17, 2011

Twofer Review: Taste of Love Bk 2/Taken by Love Bk1 by Mindi Winters


TASTE OF LOVE – Hunters Book Two
Her love life in tatters and on the edge of losing both her home and her business, Casey Miller decides it isn’t such a bad idea to forget her troubles for a moment in the arms of a handsome and dangerous stranger.
Lucas Stern isn’t shy about what he wants with women, so when the sexy Casey crosses his path he isn’t going to turn down hot sex in the very public museum they find each other in.
But things make an unexpected turn when Casey discovers that Lucas is the man she wants to hire to handle a delicate problem she has at home. When things continue heating up between the two, they’re left to wonder if it’s just a fling or have they both experienced a taste of true love.
TASTE OF LOVE is approximately 31,500 words long.
Heat Level: Moderate erotic with lots of emotion
SHOT OF LOVE – Hunters Book Three (Available Christmas 2011)
I obtained the above information from Ms. Winter's website.


For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not    judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...



I was given this book for my honest thoughts... So, let's see what those are!


As you can see by the word count that this is not a long book... You know my warning... And since I read this book in one night, my review will not give away much other than that fact that you need to go get this book now and read it!


Ms. Winters is a new author to me and to my delight, she is such a treat! Her writing captured me for the ride. Her style of story telling done so well, you believe in the characters and they pull at your heart strings. Each character ~ even the ghosts ~ have their own personality, their own stories, their own personal demons. Each character drew out a certain emotion within me, touched me in some way, shape or form. And the whole story with characters combined just left me wanting more of the Stern boys (and sister... hint).


Casey is the type of friend I could see having. She made me want to have her back no matter the situation. She reminds me a friend that no matter what happens, poor thing always feels like, "what more can go wrong," lol. I love her personality. She is a woman just trying to live her life... Without getting her heart broken or worst... killed.


Lucas, well.... He will make you want to have wild kinky sex! Seriously, lol... He is a man I want on my side when things go wrong. He has this thing about him.... That just makes him special... To see how special, you will have to read!!!! Oh and to find out about the hot sex... Yep, you will have to read for that too! I make you want to read that much  more! I know ~ I am an evil reviewer!!! Hahahahahahahaahah!


This story was light, while skirting on the edge of darkness... It is passionate, while giving me enough hot details to make my night that much more hotter.... And this story has just enough suspense, action and family drama that really made me wish it truly was a longer story.


Ms. Winters watch out..... I will be stalking you to see when you come out with more stories! Now if you all will excuse me... I am going get the first book... OH WHAT.... OH WAIT.... did I not tell you that... hahahaha... As OCD as I am... I actually read this out of order and was perfectly okay with. That is another talent Ms. Winters has.... Reading out of order did not throw me for a loop or make me feel left out. Now you know that is a great writer when an OCD person can read out of order! Great job Ms. Winters! Nooowwww... I am going get book one! =)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



The review for Book on.....
With TAKEN BY LOVE, author Mindi Winters introduces you to the suspense and fun of an emotion filled, paranormal romance series about the Stern family.  Because when a supernatural hunter in the Stern family falls…They fall hard.  Forever
TAKEN BY LOVE – Hunters Book One
Strong willed, reckless, and longing for vengeance, Rebecca Carter heads into the fight alone…
Filled with regret at his failure, Austin Stern vows that this time his nemesis is going to die…
Five years after saying goodbye, Rebecca and Austin reluctantly decide to work together to finish the monster that broke them apart.  But evil has its own plans, and as things fall apart Rebecca and Austin will find their lives in each other’s hands, both struggling to survive being taken by the beast.
TAKEN BY LOVE is approximately 14,000 words long.
Heat Level:  Light erotic with lots of emotion




I obtained the above information from Ms. Winter's website.

For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not    judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...



I was given this book for my honest thoughts... So, let's see what those are!


As you can see by the word count that this is not a long book... You know my warning... And since I read this book in one night, my review will not give away much other than that fact that you need to go get this book now and read it!


As I recently stated, Ms. Winters is a new author to me and to my delight, she is such a treat! She continues to capture me for the ride. You will believe in the characters and they will pull at your heart strings. Each character ~ even the paranormal ones ~ have their own personality, their own stories, their own personal e demons. Each character will draw out a certain emotion in you. They will touch you in some way, shape or form. And this one is just the start!!!!


This is an extremely short story coming in under 40 pages. But let me tell you.... There was never a dull moment. Ms winters did a great job at starting a new series and making it into one hell'va adventure. If you caught up with me the day, you would have noticed that I read book two of this delightful growing series ~ and I read it out of order and was perfectly okay with it!  Ms Mindi has got me enthralled with this series.  It is action packed, kick-ass now --ask a few question later, suspenseful, and relationship tension is always simmering. Which is always a great thing!

This couple really brought their A-game on where this story is concerned. Having dealt with each other in the past definitely brought back some old hurt and buried feelings. But my question is… does love really get a second chance? Or is what really happened in the past stays in the past? Can a scorned heart learn to forgive and forget and truly love again?

Well, once you pick up taken by love and read it, you will see that this a series you will want to follow... no matter the cost.




To learn more about Ms. Winters, please visit her website here!!!!


And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! 
  post signature

1 comment:

  1. These sound like really great books. You have given me a new author to read.
    Great reviews.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"