Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Review: Nightwalker: A Leah Wolfe SINS Novel by Rhonda Print


NightwalkerA Leah Wolfe Sins Novel
By Rhonda L Print
Leah Wolfe has retired from serious police work. Her unique, yet not fully discovered supernatural abilities allow her to speak to the souls of the dead. Her abilities have cost her almost everyone she has ever loved, most recently, her ex-fiancé Joaquín Wildhorse, Chief Detective of the Native American Police Dept. When Joaquín’s new lover is found murdered, he turns to Leah for help. The hunt for a vicious killer leads Leah to sexy Ian Nightwalker and Leah is unable to walk away from the case that may cost her her most guarded possession of all.
Her heart.

I obtained the above information from Ms. Rhonda's website.

I was given this book for an honest review and my honest thoughts, so here goes...

Okay, first - I will state that this is book comes in under 200 pages. To give you a "realization" of how short/long this book is. You never judge a book by its cover (as a friend reminded me a while back) nor do you judge it by the pages... But just wanted you to know... Okay, review time....

OMFG!!!!!!!!Seriously... OMFG!!!!!This BOOK IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This woman is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait... This woman freaking Rocks Apples!!!!!! 

I am praying that since you are all readers, that most of you have heard of Janet Evanovich and her Stephanie Plum series.... That is for the romance world.... Well, move over Janet because Rhonda Print has come into town! Janet has Ranger and Joe...... But..... Rhonda gave me Ian and Joaquin!! And OMG... they are hot! I know that this is not the last we hear of Leah... And just like Stephaine's books..... Leah will give you everything you need and a whole lot more ~ I promise!!

This is my first book by Ms. Rhonda but you can bet your sweet ass it is not my last! Ms. Rhonda has some real mad wicked writing skills. She crafted such a story that rocked my world and left me wanting more... Seriously, wanting more. No, I am really serious... I want more on Leah, Ian (oh God that man is Sex on a Stick) and Joaquin... More I say... more!!!

Normally, I know exactly where to start on my review, but this book has my feelings in sorts due to how much I truly love this book ~ the characters, the story line, the action, the drama, the emotions, the tension, the lies, the pain, the love, the triangle.... Oh yea........ Just wait till you pick it up.

When I started this story... It started slow and soft... Slow kinda like molasses and soft... kinda like feather kisses. But then Ms. Rhonda heated up the kitchen and kicked in the spices. You think you can handle more of this review....

Leah.... Where do I start with this woman? I can say that I admire her stubbornness and I love how she doesn't take crap from anyone... Man, woman (okay... Well, there is one woman she will listen to), vampire, shapeshifter, demon... or anything else for that matter! I have to say this woman has a set of balls on her that make me admire her even more. She is devoted to the family that she has, Wilson and Alli. But I feel her pain when it comes to broken hearts... And when it comes to repairing that heart.... Does Ian stand a chance in hell at being the one to repair it... Or will Joaquin keep reminding her of what they had...?? Or will Leah's curse... I mean gift... get in the way of what could be her future?

Joaquin is Leah's ex.... Yep, you guessed it.. He is the one that tore her heart out and ripped it in half. Although... you will have to read how he added a little salt to the wound. But other than that, he really is a great guy. Seriously, he is. He is there for Leah... for whatever may come her way. But he wasn't there for her when she really needed him and now he is paying the price... They say "a woman fury is nothing to mess with"... Well, let's just say that Joaquin has his hands full... or would love to have his hands full again with Leah. And when her life gets threaten.... He wants more than anything to be the one she runs to...

That leaves Ian... Oh man Oh man Oh man... This man, well... he is not really a man, I will let you find out what he is... A SMOKING HOT SIZZLING MAN! Okay, so I thought he was hot. I can admit it. Anyways... Ian is the man that knows exactly what Leah is and still wants to love her for it. But first he must get her to admit that she needs protection... Because we all know that strong, independent women don't normally admit stuff like that. But Ian has been around long enough to have the patience needed to truly be there for Leah... Is he man enough to mend her broken heart or will he hurt her more?

This is an explosive story... One that will drag you in from the first page till the last page. I hated that I had to go to work the next day... Because I just wanted to keep reading without sleep. Ms. Rhonda made me feel for each of the characters in this story... Even the damn bad guys... Well, I wanted to beat the crap out of one and the other... Well... Staking his ass would have been nice too. But still... The characters are told in a way that you will come to love them. The drama is just enough to give the story the depth that it will need to continue and the passion in the story is enough... Well, it is enough to make you hot before you go to bed. But what I love the most is that Ms. Rhonda tied that all together for one hot hell'va awesome story.

This is an awesome story ~ as I stated earlier... In case you did not read that part. Ms. Rhonda freaking rocked my world and left me wanting more. And for a hussy to say that, you know it had better been damn good! So what the hell are you waiting for... Go get the damn thing now!!! I swear to you on my Hussy name, you won't be disappointed... Just make sure you drop me a line and let me know which one you picked... Ian or Joaquin??? Can you do it?!?! Dare ya!

Ms. Rhonda... ***stands up and applauds*** This has to be one of my favorite reads in a very long time!

And of course Ms. Rhonda is teasing us with Book Two...... 
If you dare to see what is next for Leah... Please feel free to go.... here!

To see more about Ms. Rhonda, please visit her new website... Which I have to say is very cool!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! 
  post signature

5 comments:

  1. Hey hon! Great review. I really like that cover too. :)

    Hope you are doing well. I read your last post as well. Sounds like it's been a little rocky, but you are on your way. :) Hope all goes well and smoothly for you. We've been doing pretty good. But kid and school work (in and at home) have been troubles, more because he's not wanting to do it and giving me a run for my money. But, something will give soon. *sigh*

    Do hope you take care! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my kind of book.Great review Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecile! *Waves at Rhonda!*

    I have to agree with you about this book every word you said about it is TRUE! It's awesome writing and a fabulous story!

    Rhonda...hey sweetie...this is a great review of a wonderful and exciting book...I enjoyed it as much as Cecile did and I know others will as well! Big hugs to you hon...I've missed you.

    Miss C! xoxo later!
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  4. My post from yesterday went kaput it seems.
    This sounds like a really great book.I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new to me author but with a review like that I am itching to try the story. Adding her to the list I keep in my purse.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"