Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Review: Spell Bound by Stephanie Julian


She’s running from fate…
Shea Tedaldi is the only thing standing between her six-year-old brother and the men who killed their parents. Descendants of the ancient Etruscan magical race, Shea and her brother keep powerful secrets that make them the targets of the evil Malandante. They’ve been looking for a safe haven but the bad guys are gaining on them and Shea needs a hero, a guardian who won’t falter in the face of danger…

He’s looking for the key to break the spell…
Gabriel Borelli is a warrior born to protect the Etruscan witches living under a curse. He’s dedicated to breaking the spell and avenging the murder of his father by the Malandante. He won’t let anything—or anyone—get in his way. Not even the one woman who may hold the key to his quest…and his heart.


I obtained the above information at Ms. Julian's website.

For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not    judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...


I was given this book for my honest thoughts and words... So here goes...


If you come to my place often, you know I am not a newbie to Ms. Stephanie Julian writing. This woman can create worlds that make you want to fall in... and never surface. She wraps you around in the blanket of mystery, a cloak of suspense. She charms you into the heart of her character, she will cast you in a spell of desire, and weave a web of a hell'va story....

Now first, I need to let you in on something... I have read Ms. Julian's other stories where there was Boschetta, Goddess Gifts, Lucani, Stega, Versipellis, Mal, Etruscan witches and creatures like that... I know the lingo, I know the vocabulary... So... if you have not read a book of this world.... You will be a bit lost in the beginning. But I promise, hang on and keep reading because this world will enchant you... maybe even bewitch you... So, bear with the confusion for a bit... because I promise you it is well worth the ride!

Ms. Stephanie did an awesome job at capturing me in a world that had me having dreams of my own when I closed my eyes and went to sleep. Her world captured me so much I could not put it down....

Shea is a woman I want on my good side. That is if she stayed in one place long enough. She is on the run and on the run for good reasons... Someone or should I say someone(s) is/are after her and her brother... They are deadly, they are powerful and they want her brother... But Shea has no one to turn to... No parents she can run to for protection. No friends to trust long enough to feel safe. I truly admire Shea for what life has dealt her. She does not fall down and play victim. She picks herself up and dust herself off.
Shea is a woman hell bent on saving and protecting her brother - no matter the cost. She knows she is different, but how different she truly does not know. Not until....

Gabriel is a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. He was born to serve and protect, he was born to never fail... But with a five hundred curse on his ass, well... any man would be kinda scare to fail. But that all changed when the one mission he cannot fail at walks up to him and ask him for help. Help of which he refuses.... Only due to his own stubbornness, but what struck him the most was the mission, Shea, did not take any crap from him. Gabriel is a man you do not want to reckon with... Well, maybe in bed. Hint hint... You will want to read about this one! But what happens when the mission... is no longer protecting and serving the people you are sworn to... But when you are trying to protect your heart... and the mission comes to mean saving your world... What will Gabriel do...

This is truly a wonderful start to an amazing story to come... Ms. Stephanie's craftsmanship at creating a world in which you will fall will leave you enthralled. Can't wait for more to come of this series.

To learn more about Ms. Stephanie, please visit her website here!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! 
  post signature

3 comments:

  1. I was familiar with the world, and was still a bit lost, but liked the novella anyway...I wrote my review last night, and I also said how I liked how Shea didn't take any crap from Gabriel. :) Great minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More books to add to my list! :D Sounds like Stephanie writes an interesting storyline--and world.

    And a heroine that doesn't back down is always a sure sign of a good book! :D That and the fact that the hero sounds yummy... Lol.

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review.I enjoyed reading this book.I was a little confused at first.And had to keep going back to remember what certain things meant.But I got it eventually.lol.looking forward to the next book.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"