Friday, October 28, 2011

Review: A Little Harmless Submission by Melissa Schroeder


A Little Harmless Submission -- Harmless Series, Book 6

For a tough as nails Dom hunting a sadistic serial killer is nothing compared to losing his heart.

Rome Carino is hunting a predator. One who likes to hurt submissives and the most popular BDSM club’s patrons are being targeted.  With each fresh kill, he gets more brazen. Rome knows he just needs one little break, but before he can make headway, the FBI shows up. Worse, the uptight, buttoned-down Special Agent Maria Callahan suggests a plan that is dangerous, but worth it because it might just catch the killer. If Rome can keep his mind on the case and off the beautiful FBI agent, he'll be just fine.

Maria is still trying to step out of her legendary father's shadow and knows just how to do it. Luring the killer by posing as Rome's new sub seems like a good idea. That is, until undercover becomes real life and she finds herself tangled up with a man who amazes and scares her at the same time. Her growing attraction to the Honolulu Police Detective is a little too much to handle. Even knowing that, she can't help falling in love with the tough Dom and losing herself in the games they play in the bedroom.

Rome is overwhelmed by his need for Maria. He has never had a sub respond to him the way she does and no matter what he does, he feels himself slipping off that cliff into love. As their relationship starts to unfold, he realizes that he will do anything to win her heart, to convince her to become his sub for a lifetime. But before he can do anything, the killer turns his attention on Rome and the one thing he holds dear: Maria.


WARNING: The following book contains: A Dom who thinks he can do no wrong, a new sub who is about to teach him he can, palm trees, a trip or two to Rough ‘n Ready, a flirty Aussie Dom with questionable motives, old friends, and a new enemy. Yeah, it might be called Harmless, but you Addicts know it’s anything but.



I obtained the above information from Ms. Melissa's website!


I received this book for my honest thoughts and words... So here goes....

From Ms Melissa's website, this is book 6 in the Harmless series. Personally, I have only read a couple of them, but I can honestly say that I have not been lost. They can be read out of order - just in case one strikes your hiney **or should I say - one that spanks your behind, haha** . Ms. Melissa does a great job at tossing everyone in the story and not making you feel lost. Family and friends are welcome! The more, the merrier!!!

Ms. Melissa keeps the story in the setting of the warm state of Hawaii and she brings enough heat to story to make sure you will never be cold. In this story, Ms. Melissa brings on the action in and out of the bedroom. There is never a dull moment in this story. The drama, the suspense, the passion, the desire, the need, the want, the raw emotions are all there and then some.

Maria has always felt like she had something to prove and this new case was no different... The only different was that Maria was going to push this case to the extreme to prove herself worthy... Worthy of what she would soon discover. Can Maria out run the memories of her deceased father, the one that seems to be pushing her from beyond the grave? Maria knows her own worth. She knows where she stands in life and love... Or so she though until she meet one cop who would tuen her world upside down.

If there was one thing in life Romeo knew he was good at it was compartmentalizing. He knew first hand at what happens when you mix business and pleasure... Life in all areas got screwed up. He promised himself he would never let that happen again. At least that is what he thought.Romeo is kinda man that you want to take and lick all over.... Okay, that might be just me. But seriously, he is one hellva man. A man in charge, a man sure of himself and his job. And man in a uniform - do I need to say more. Really?!? Okay, he lives to serve and protect during the day light hours.... And night... Well, he lives to dominate and spank and serves some more.

These two make a great team when they combine their forces. They know how to bring not only the suspense to the table, but also the passion. They play nice in front of everyone but when the door closes.... Well... That is a different story.... One with a little submission.

This is one story that I thoroughly enjoyed.   Out of the few that I have read, this one has been my favorite so far. I absolutely love the submission play in the stories. The characters are real, their emotions are tangible. The storyline had me gripping my seat wondering what was going to happen next. And it's not just the sadistic killer that is lurking around... It is the promise of spankings, binding, blindfolding and some hot sex that kept me turning the page.  A little harmless submission never hurt anyone! Wanna try it out, I dare ya! Just remember, once you get spanked, you never go back!

To learn more about Ms. Melissa, please visit her website!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! 
  

  post signature

6 comments:

  1. Great review Cecile! This was my favorite "Harmless" book....I totally fell in love with Rome!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A review I could not read at work ;) I think your site is a bit dangerous Miss Hussy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha sounds like a fun read even with the crazy killer. I agree with Blodeuedd but I like it. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Cecile.I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blanche~ Hey there honey! I loved your review and I am glad that you came over to see mine! I have to say that I love Rome too!! He can protect and serve me too!!!!! =) Hugs to you and hope all is well!

    Blodeuedd~ Hey honey!!! Sorry that you could not read it at work! I didn't think I was too naughty, lol! Well honey, I am a Smutty Hussy, what can I say! But I know you secretly love it!!! Hugs to you honey! And I appreciate you coming over to my honey! Hugs to you and I hope all is well!

    Carole Rae~ Hey honey! Thanks for peeking in! I am sorry that it was a little risky to read, lol! But I am glad that you came over and read it! I hope you liked it! It really was a great read, I promise you!
    Hugs to you!

    elaing8~ Hey honey! Oh, I can't wait to hear what you thought of the book!!! IT IS HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was worried about reading this one because I've only read book one in the series. Glad to know it can be read out of order. Melissa Schroeder is fast becoming a must read author for me.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"