Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: Pick Buttercream Frosting by Lissa Matthews

PINK BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
ISBN: 978-1605046785
Genre: BDSM / Contemporary Erotic Romance
Format: eBook
Length: Novella
Read An Excerpt
Available as an ebook from Samhain Publishing

Desire: Blend sinful with sweet. Whip to perfection. Don’t forget to lick the spoon…

Aidn Greer is a much-sought-after Dominant in the BDSM lifestyle with an unusual problem. He hasn’t owned a submissive in more years than he cares to think about. He’s bored with unchallenging women, yet mentoring other Doms and training subs has left him cold as well. He’s craving something other than plain old vanilla—a taste of something sinfully sweet that, for once, he can really sink his teeth into.

Professional cake baker Bailey Harris wasted ten years bored to tears with her marriage, enduring a job she hated, and harboring a secret desire for something passionate, fulfilling and dark. Then she found it…in the world of BDSM. Exploring on her own brought the kind of mind-opening experiences that led her to declare her independence—and exposed a yearning to find the one Dom for whom she’s willing to kneel. Permanently.

When Aidn and Bailey meet, it’s fire and ice. Sugar and spice. And an experience that satisfies every detail of both their fantasies. Almost. While the big, beautiful sub is everything Aidn wanted, her fierce independent streak could be more of a challenge than he bargained for…

Warning: This book brings together scorching-hot counter sex, decadent pink frosting, and no-holds-barred BDSM play for a spanking good time. Be sure to bring an ice-cold drink along…

I obtained the above information from Ms. Lissa's website -->> here.

For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

This is one of Ms. Lissa's earlier stories, but it is still just as awesome.
What are quickies for if not to be hot, hard, fast and raw. Which is how I would describe this book. You will want to take a walk on the wild side ~ but be careful because you may stay there longer than you intend to!

Aidn is all dominate, hot and alpha male! He is the type of man that has his shit together. He is a contract lawyer; but he does pro bono work for the community of his BDSM friends. So having his shit together is a must for him. The lifestyle of BDSM is what Aidn thrives in, but lately, he has been feeling ~ stale, flat and unsatisfied with the subs he has played with in the past. He wants to find the sub of his dream. The one that will please him to no end, the one that will relinquish over her complete shelf and soul. He wants someone to bend to his will, his whim and on his command. Or at least that is what he thought he wanted - until he met her - Bailey.

Bailey is a woman bent on finding her true identity. She was married to a man who would have gave her the world. However, it was not the world she wanted. She told her husband what she truly wanted but she knew from his reaction that he could not give her what she wanted. He could not be the dominate she desired, the man she needed. Nor could she ask him to be something he could not be. It took balls to do what she did and I admire that about her. Knowing that she was the only person capable of making herself happy - she sought a divorce. Not one to dwell on the past, Bailey went after the lifestyle that would make her happy. She found some people online who would take her hand and walk with her in the journey of self discovery in the BDSM lifestyle. But having a borrowed dom was not where Bailey's heart lied. It's not the same as having your very own dom to have him call you his own.

Bailey is the owner of a bakery ~ a successful one! She is also a plus size woman (what did you expect!), but size does not alter the way she sees herself. She knows that size is not what matters - really. It is all in how you use your size (yeah, I like that *grins*)... Or should I say it is all in how you work the flogger! Okay where was I... Oh yeah, Bailey. Even though she is a submissive through and through - she is not a doormat.

Aidn and Bailey causally met at the fetish club - Abyss a while back. They would speak but only breifly. Aidn was a major player at the club, highly respected in the community (he teaches/taught others about the lifestyle) - however, remember I said he was feeling... stale -well something happened to him and his sub that kinda pushed him away. Not wanting to collar anyone else... ((You will have to read to find out what happened, lmbo ~ yeah, I am evil))

And you would think that their main meeting would be at the club and that is where they would hook up, right ~ nope! It was a causal day of shopping for Bailey and a lunch date with a friend for Aidn. Although, Aidn was getting cranky with his lunch date, his day was about to turn around... He noticed Bailey shopping... What had he never really took notice of her beauty before he did not know... But there was something about her.. that shook him to his core!

This really is an explosive story. Things happen quickly - but once you read their story, you will see that this has been in the making for a while. What starts as a day of hoping for a quickie fuck turns into so much more. More than Aidn thinks he can deal with. More than he wants to deal with.

What happens when you have a taste of the life you want with the person you sense truly belongs to you... or you belong to them? What happens when fear and desires collide head on? An intoxication combination to make this story come alive!

Ms. Lissa takes your hand and slowly leads you in Bailey and Aidn's world of BDSM and I promise you... you will not look back! Awesome story!


To visit Ms. Lissa's website, please go -->> here.
To visit her blog... please go -->> here. And drop her a note while you are there! Ohhh and don't forget to check out her other books while you are there... they are awesome!!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

15 comments:

  1. HEY CECILE!!!

    *squishs hugs* I *LOVE* this Lissa!!!

    Bailey's my ficsis! I just love Bailey, but I love Cecile more!! *grins*

    Love your review of this C!

    MUAHS & SMOOSHES!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the frosting that caught my eye, you sure do have plenty of nice candy scattered across your pages, Miss Cecile.

    Love the idea about a real woman featuring in this story, thumbs up to the author, but after my divorce, the last thing I need is a ruddy good spanking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh - Cecile this sounds good! *adding to TBR* Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got this one on my e-reader YAY I must have a sample of Aidn and the BDSM *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Redd~ OHHHH HONEY!!! Come here ***Big squishy bear huh*** Missed you! Hope all is well! Hugs and big big smooches to you!!!! Thanks for coming over honey!

    JJ Cocker~ Hey hon, you make me giggle. The frosting caught my eye too. And there is one scene in there with the frosting... oh my!! **Wicked smile** Oh JJ, you will love Ms. Lissa's stories because that is how she writes her heroines... REAL! And a good spanking, well honey... sometimes it is what you don't know you need, *wicked laughter* and a good ruddy spanking... might be what the hot guy ordered! Smiles to you hon!

    Patti (Book Addict)~ Hey Hon! You are more than welcome! It is, I love it and I hope you do too! Have a great day!

    Leontine~ Hey honey!!! Oh if you have it and you wanna quickie! This is a sure fire shot! And you will fall in love with Aidn and his Dom self! **Shudders thinking about him... in a evil, good way, lol. Hope all is well honey! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I am soo glad to see your fantastic review on this book! I saw it over the weekend, but wasn't sure -- now I am! I am definitely picking this one up! It just sounds so... hot! Am I the only person that feels like they're missing out on something after reading these types of books? *lifts eyebrow*

    Hugs and kisses, Cecile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm I like to eat pink frosting, oh now I feel naughty, lol.
    Awesome review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful! And naughty ;)
    Hope everything is good for you!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great book by Lissa. Very naughty :)
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey hey hey! I've come to visit! I'm sorry it's taken me so long today to get here. I've been promoting Arctic Shift over at The Romance Studio's Release Party.

    TY again Ce for such amazing awesome fantastic words... I am the writer and even I don't have an arsenal with which to pull from to express how much your support means. Thank you just seem adequate enough but it's all I have. So, thank you.

    If y'all are interested, Thor, one of the secondary characters in Pink Buttercream Frosting has a free read on my website titled Masked. It's a m/m so...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The title of this book is what put Lissa Matthews on my next purchase list. You know I am partial to icing (:

    I have been wanting to read it for a while and now you have made the anticipation so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chris~ Hey hon! Ohhhh this title is all sorts of yummies!
    Hope you had a great day!

    Tanya~ Hey hon!!! Aww you are so sweet! I am so glad that you enjoyed the review! Ohhhh and I am tickled that you will get it! =) You must let me know what you think!! And it is ohh so hot!
    Giggles.... oh I am missing something alright... My own Dom or... Sub!!! hee heee!

    Blodeuedd~ Hey honey! Ohhhh Blod feels naughty! I love it! Now I feel like I did my job! hee heee! This book will make you feel really naughty! **wicked smiles**

    SusiSunshine~ Hey honey! What a wonderful combination! Wonderful and naughty! Oh yea!!!! All is well for me honey, how are you doing??

    elaing8~ Hey hon! Heee heee... I seem to get naughtier and naughtier! But I am glad that yo liked the story!

    Lissa~ Hey honey! I am so glad you stopped by. Well I am just glad that I give peeps my thoughts on your stories! They freaking rock huge apples!

    Gina Gordon~ Hey hon!!! Hugs to you! Ohhhhh this title and the man in this story will make you read it! Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, Cecile! Yep, I bought this book last week. After seeing your review, I want to read it very soon!! And, wow...she divorced a husband who would have given her the world because he wasn't into BDSM? Hmmm, interesting dilemma. Thanks for the great review, hun!!

    @Tanya - I love the comment about missing out. LOL! Yes!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl you have been a reviewin up a storm! I'm so behind can't wait to read them though hope to get caught up by the weekend UGH. Miss you and thank you so so much for my Birthday Present!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!!!! He's mine... all mine and I finally have proof of that fact woohooo! ;)

    LOVE YOU DEAR! NIAIW

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"