Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Review: The Dark Garden by Eden Bradley

The Dark Garden
Surrender has its own rewards…

This scintillating erotic debut tells the deliciously potent tale of one woman’s quest for self discovery-in the intriguing underground world of Los Angeles’s club scene…

Rowan Cassidy likes to be in charge—especially in her personal life. As a Mistress at Club Privé, the most exclusive bondage/S&M club on the West Coast, Rowan can live out her dominant fantasies safely, and with complete control—until Christian Thorne walks in. Self-confidant and sophisticated, he’s a natural dominant if Rowan’s ever seen one. Yet she can’t stop thinking about him and imagining his touch.

Christian has returned home from Europe, hoping to break free from his dissatisfaction and malaise—and discovers the cure in Rowan. He’s dying to get his skilled hands on her and watch her surrender, to unlock the mystery of her that captivates him. Determined to be her Master, he makes Rowan a daring proposition: give herself over to him for thirty days.

Rowan finds Christian’s offer terrifying—and impossible to resist. But abandoning herself to Christian’s power might be more than she can handle…Or it might be the realization of her true nature and the dark garden within her. There will be only one way to find out. And once the game has begun, there’s no turning back.

I obtained the above information from the author's website -->> here.
This is my own book... Did it surprise you that I would own this book.....

Ms. Bradley holds the hand of a vanilla into the world of BDSM. This book is not set on the dark side of BDSM... no, actually this was a very powerful book luring you in with one woman's pleasure, one woman's pain of finding out who she really is through her life of BDSM. You know the soul searching kinda find we know we must do in order to find out who we truly are.
This book takes a woman who is so sure she knows what she stands for... Knows her position in the world and in her life... a Top. She learned a long time ago to never give up her submission to anyone...

Rowan past taught her a lot. It taught her to not allow anyone to have control over here. Never to let anyone give you "pretty false" words to get what they want. Her game, her rules... take it or leave it. The past was something she was pretty sure she buried. Live, learn and move on.. However, the only thing she did not count on was meeting the one man who would openly offer her the world. Can a scared, broken, damaged heart and soul take someone who offers so much...

Christian is a man bent on fixing everyone's problems. He wants to take care of everyone. But he did not see that when he first laid eyes on Rowan... but what he did see rocked his world and made his blood boil. He wanted her... under him. One problem... she claimed to be a Top... but when he looked into her eyes... deep... He saw she was a Bottom... a very good Bottom... Only one way to find out... Make her an offer she could not back down from... Would thirty days be enough... Could his heart and soul survive the woman in front of him for thirty day?

This is a journey of two people who have a lot to learn about themselves as well as each other. In the learning process, hearts will get broken and healed, walls will go up and come crumbling down and desire will go wild and pleasure will... well.. I think you know! The side characters in the book ~ April and Decker ~ are just as explosives as the main characters. Their journey is sure to bring a few tears to your eyes... and make your heart ache for what they have... Well... for some of you that can admit BDSM is your lifestyle that is... For the rest... The love shared in this story will make you say... This is love... this is what it is about... open, raw, pure.... laying it all out on the table.. going for broke... Putting it all on the line... for that one chance to have what you deserve... Happiness... Love... The ONE...

Now I am looking forward to reading The Darker Side of Pleasure!

To read an excerpt of this book, please go -->> here. And believe me... have a fan need by!
To visit the lovely Ms. Eden, please go to her website -->> here.

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

11 comments:

  1. Hi hon, just checking in on you and your delightful smutty books (I haven't read anything smutty in ages ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!
    I especially like this part:
    "He wanted her... under him. One problem... she claimed to be a Top... but when he looked into her eyes... deep... He saw she was a Bottom... a very good Bottom..."

    LOL!

    :)

    MsM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blodeudd, hey honey. You know I like my smutty stuff and this is no exception. I was not sure what I was getting with this book, but I'm very glad I did get this book.

    Ms. M, how nice to see you. I'm glad that I could make you lol. Hugs honey

    You two ladies have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my first Eden Bradley book and it's no secret to her how big a fangirl I am of her books. She's a wonderfully gracious person and has been one of my cheerleaders. I love her books... I read them all. I'm a little behind, but I'm working on it. She was my first in erotic romance BDSM and... I love her for the inspiration.

    Glad you loved the book, Ce...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Cecile! Gosh, here's another book to add to my BDSM wishlist!! I love the premise. I can see where many women who are naturally "subs" would be afraid to give themselves over to a Dom if they'd been hurt in the past. It's interesting she chose to be a Domme herself as a form of protection. Heck, I'd give Christian 30 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cecile: I saw your comment on my #twitloss blog..thank you, but I didn't see your name on the contest post! Please enter...click on the ballons on the sidebar to take you to the orginal post and enter a comment there please! I am low-tech so I am just going to get my "# picker" to chose from only the posts on that original post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, um. Yes, please. I must have this. Like, NOW! :D Thanks for the review, darlkink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "he makes Rowan a daring proposition: give herself over to him for thirty days."

    As long as it's not 30 years, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read a book by this author yet. I think I'll look into it. This one sounds interesting :)
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lissa~ Ohhh hey honey! This was an amazing book. I mean she really opens the world for you and holds your hand so you do not get lost. I loved it and I am looking forward to the other on and I just bought an anthology with her in it. Looking forward to reading those! She is another great author to add to my list! It was an awesome book! Thanks for coming by!

    Chris~ Oh I wish!

    Diana (Book of Secrets)~ Hey honey!
    Ohhhh this is an awesome book to add to your list! I promise you won't regret it! Giving up control is a huge issue and for some of us... it is a really big issue... But with a man like Christian holding your hand... You may want too too... Thanks for coming over hon!

    The Book Pimp Blogs~ Hey hon! I am coming back over. I just wanted to stop by and say hi! Trying to touch base with you! =)

    Sweet~ Hey honey! Ohhhh yes, this one screams your name, lol!!! Hugs honey!

    JJ Cocker~ Hey honey! Well.. with a man like that, you may want to give him 30 years!

    elaing8~ Hey hon! I am glad that you liked it! And you will like it!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"