Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: Maximum Exposure by Jenna Byrnes & Jude Mason (The Blackraven Reviews)

Maximum Exposure Jenna Byrnes and Jude Mason
Publisher: Total eBound
Genre: Contemporary/MM
Lenght: Novella

Review Copy Received from Publisher


Summary:

Rob Jenkins is worried. The relationship he’s been in for six years has become a little stale and not very intimate. He loves Max more than anything, but the man’s sexual fetish of ‘doing things’ in public never interested him.

While Max is away at a two-week business conference, Rob concludes that in order to save their relationship, he needs to make some choices. He surprises Max with a weekend visit, and the offer to play a ‘game’. Will the sexy scenarios be enough, or will they merely expose the flaws in their relationship? (m/m)

Cecile Smutty Hussy’s Review:

There is no mistaking this is the awesome work of Jenna Byrnes and Jude Mason! Two of my favorite m/m authors. Even though this is a very short story (under 60 pages), this story will pull at your heart strings and make you cheer on our hero... or hero's...

If you are new to the m/m pool – these are two excellent authors to start out with. You really need to put these two authors on your MUST buy list.

This story touched me with how personal it felt. We are pulled into Rob and Max's world and not let go until the past page. They have been lover's for six years and counting... As we all know from our own personal relationships - after so many years, sometimes we second guess ourselves and the relationship. Well, that is where Rob is. His conscience won't let go of the fact that Max's wants a little more from him. But Rob seems to put up wall every time Max pushes the boundaries. They argue and put just a little more distance in between each other. Or at least that is how Rob sees it.

Rob evaluates how much he truly wants the relationship he has with Max, the love of his life. He makes a decision that could possible blow up in his face... Would you do that for love? Would you call it quits if you were pushed just a little ? Or would you fight for what you truly want – the love of your life?

This is an emotional love story. Jenna and Jude did an awesome job at making me fall in love with Rob and Max. At one point I wanted to hug Rob and tell him all will be okay and at the same time I wanted to slap Max (just once... okay maybe twice). Okay, I can't go on any more or I would give away the story....

So I will leave you with you with this..... What would you risk for love?

Rated#
and....


by Cecile Smutty Hussy!

This review is property of The Blackraven's Reviews!
And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!

post signature

13 comments:

  1. Hi Cecile,

    Great review and I have added this to my TBR pile!

    I have to admit I haven't read any M/M books yet!

    I hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecile,

    I can't tell you enough how much I enjoy your reviews!

    Girl, after reading one of your reviews you can sell me any kind of book you want...like ice cubes to eskimos...you're reviews are the awesome!

    Never thought I'd read an M&M but this ones got me thinking about it...BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU SAID about pulling at the heart and wanting to hug Rob and slap Max!

    I need more book shelves because of you! }:-/
    Thanks for the great review!

    big hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you make that sound really interesting. I have read a book or two by Jenna I think but never the duo so I'll definitely check it out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could swear I've read this one, but it isn't showing up in my booklist. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cecile,
    I hope all is well, and that you're reading more smutty books after having read this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cecile!! Very nice review. Sounds like a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds good. adding this one to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your review reminded me that I read this story during my initial first rush of m/m romance! I read so many some of them blended together. This one was sweet.

    Thanks for the refresher!

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenna and Jude does their magic again...

    Wonderful some up hon..

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the lovely review, Cecile. Chris- this story first appeared in the Friction anthology at TEB. Maybe you read it there.

    Have a great day everyone!

    Hugs,

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews~ Hey honey! Thanks for stopping by! Oh what! This the perfect two authors to start with, I promise you won't be disappointed! I hope you had a great day!

    Houston A.W. Knight~ Hey honey! You make me giggle! I am just glad that you like my reviews honey. It makes me feel that my job is here is complete for the day! Hugs to you! You make me blush. Oh believe me, this one will have you thinking.... about man love!

    Tam~ Hey honey! Thanks for peeking in today! Well, it was definitely a very interesting book! I enjoy these two authors very much!!!

    Chris~ I figured you had read this one already, lol!

    Blodeuedd~ Hey honey! How is all with you?! I hope all is well with you my love! You know I love me some smut!

    Fiction Vixen~ Hey honey! Thanks for stopping by today! Good to see you. It was a great book!

    elaing8~ Yes honey... it is so good you better put it on your your TBR list! Hugs hon!

    Sweet Vernal Zephyr~ Hey my love! Ohhh wasn't this such a sweet read!

    Erotic Horizon~ Oh you know how I love these two authors! Thanks for peeking in today! Hugs to you honey!

    Jenna Byrnes~ Hey honey!!! You know how much I love your writing and Jude's! You two are awesome!!! Thanks for coming over today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy dancing!!

    Thank you so much Cecile! What an awesome review. I'm so glad you liked our guys. And what's this about you wanting to slap poor Max? TWICE! LOL Okay, he may have needed it, just a little bit.

    Thank you all for dropping by and commenting!!

    Hugs
    Jude

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now Jude... I did not say how I wanted to slap him the second time... hee heee... might want to slap that a.....s..... hee hee!!!
    Thanks for popping in honey! You know I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"