Monday, September 6, 2010

Review: Carnal Ecstasy by Lissa Matthews

Carnal Ecstasy
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
ISBN: 978-1419928697
Genre: Contemporary /Erotic Romance
Format: eBook
Length: Novella
Read An Excerpt
Available as an ebook from Ellora’s Cave, Amazon Kindle

When good girls go bad, very, very bad…

The minute Carrie meets tattooed, bad-boy bartender Dallon, her decision is made. He’s the one, her ticket to freedom and a new, independent life. She’s tired of dictates and zero dates and following the path laid out before her by her well-meaning-but-completely-out-of touch-with-her-reality religious parents.

Dallon sees the buttoned-up, full-of-curves woman outside the grocery store and feels the flames of hell licking at his heels. When she asks him for directions to the large, nearby university where she’s starting work, his gut-twisting lust for her doesn’t diminish, but those flames start to singe his tough-as-nails hide.

With Dallon’s promise of not sleeping with anyone associated with the university his father is the dean of about to go up in smoke, Carrie takes the first exit off the Heavenly Highway straight onto Sin Street. She wants Dallon to teach her all the things a good girl should never know, and she won’t take Hell no for an answer.

Reader Advisory: What Dallon does with a beer bottle may be illegal in forty-eight out of fifty states…and at least two territories.

I obtained the above information from Ms. Lissa's website -->> here.

For those of you that know me and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

This is definitely a book that will get you blood boiling the minute you start reading it. From the first to the last page, you will squirm, you will sweat, you will beg, you will be puddy in Dallon's hand. Which might not be a bad thing. Ms. Lissa will make you look at household items in a completely different light. Intrigued yet??

The title suits this story to a freaking tee. When you think of carnal, what do you think of? All things naughty, all things... sexual. And when you think of ecstasy... Oh I saw a glitter light up in those eyes and a blush creep to your checks. Oh yeah, when you think of that word, your mind goes into over drive. Coupled with naughty, sexual and ecstasy, that about wraps up this story. Ms. Lissa gives us two characters who will make your fingers burn to the last page to find out what happens to them. You immediately see the sparks fly, the hard-ons happen and you will hear... Oh wait... you must read the story to know about those parts. And believe me, Ms. Lissa was not shy about what she gave you in this story.

Now with this story, I have to say that one thing struck a cord with me and that was Carrie was kinda too innocent for a thirty year woman. Carrie lived a very sheltered life with her very strict and religious parents. But then I sat and thought about people I actually know. Families I know, have seen on tv or have heard about. I mean, I do not put anything past anyone these days. So, she is a believable character, but her innocence was a little worrisome for me. Hell, I wanted to take her myself and kinda protect her. At the same time wanted to hold her hand and give her the best damn experiences I could. So, I know where Dallon was coming from when he discovered the hidden treasures locked within Carrie. And believe me, Dallon teaches Carrie some new array of tricks. Some readers might not like his ideas of what turns him on... but you have to admit that ~ that is a man. Some men don't think conventional toys are good enough. He is a walking hard-on who thinks about having sex, or at least getting a blow job every chance he can. Blushing or giggling, I will take that to mean you are thinking of the men you know right now and Dallon is one of those men you will want to know.

This story is truly a hot read. I read it in one night and had to take a cold shower after. Okay... maybe I was not alone, Dallon was there, LMBO!!! Okay okay, in my dreams ~ maybe. But believe me after you read this story, you will want to visit this bar! Hell, I want to move to where this bar is located at... I mean the bar is owned by three.... not one... not two... three hellva walking, talking, sexy as men!!! Dallon finds Carrie and together they discover all things in Carnal Ecstasy! So... go find out what Ecstasy they engage in!!! Have a fan handy!


""You have to trust in yourself, Carrie. You have to believe in yourself, in who you want to be, in who you already are. You have the right to live your life the way you want. They can't dictate your steps anymore. And if last night and today have done anything, I hope you've learned you can stand on your own, make the choices that will make you happy and that you're not all by yourself." He hadn't planned on getting so deeply involved with her, especially when drama was not all his thing. He had wanted a good time, a hot time between the sheets, and he'd had it, intended to have more of it. He intended to have a lot more than that though. She was special. And his bachelorhood was fucked.""


To visit Ms. Lissa's website, please go -->> here.
To visit her blog... please go -->> here. And drop her a note while you are there! Ohhh and don't forget to check out her other books while you are there... they are awesome!!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

18 comments:

  1. I just read her m/m freebie short, Masked and now I want to know if there's a continuation of that story somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this sounds good. The sexy hunk on the cover grabbed my attention, but it sounds awesome going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your review, this looks pretty hot!

    (Isn't that one of Chris' cover guys?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great book.
    LOL at the Reader Advisory.
    Great review Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a great post and I am not a fan of short reads either just for the reason you mentioned everything happens too fast... But I will definitely put this on my TBR pile for sure thanks that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yowzah, this sounds so scorching hot!! You really know how to bring the smut to us, hon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi y'all!

    Chris, there is not a continuation of Masked...yet. I do intend to write one.

    Ce, thank you for the review. I wrote a blog post when this book came out about Carrie and the kind of sheltered existence she led. Her overwhelming innocence is hard to imagine in this day and age, however, she's a combination of girls I knew in college that were just that sheltered, women I went to church with that were in their 30's and 40's that were just that sheltered, that had never been with a man, never experimented with women, never had an orgasm, had their paths set out for them because that's the way it was done, especially in the well to do church families. And breaking out of that was often very heartbreaking.

    I paired Carrie with a man that had been through it, lived through it, thrived on it. She needed to know there was life on the other side and while we like our heroines to be strong on their own, she needed someone to hold her hand, to let her cry, to stand shoulder to shoulder with her, to help guide her. Dallon was that man. And, he needed a bit of redemption, too...

    I'm glad you liked the book! I loved how very naughty he was... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris~ I am glad that you found something you liked honey!!! And I hope you saw Ms. Matthews comment to you!! Hope you are having a great day!

    Nanny~ Hey hon! Thanks for coming over! This issss a great book! I hope you do check it out soon!


    Mandi~ Hey honey! Oh Spicy you say..... Oh you have no idea!!

    Patti (Book Addict)~ Hey honey!! I think you are right... that is one of Chris's men! LOL!!! But this is a hot little book! I told you about this one this past weekend, lmbo!!

    elaing8~ Hey honey! I am glad that you enjoyed the book! It was pretty interesting! LOL!!! And yes, that is one reason I read the damn thing.. the warning... it is like begging me to read!

    Tigris Eden~ Hi there and welcome!
    Well Tigris, that is why I do not judge. I mean for something to happen within give or take 80 pages... it is going to be quick. And if that is not what the reader wants, then they should not no matter what circumstances read short stories. But I take them for what they are and devour them! I am happy to know that you will put this one on your list!! I hope you enjoy it!

    ErotRomReader (Janna)~ He honey!! Girl... you know that bringing you smut is my job!!!! What kind of hussy would I be if I did not do my job!!! Hee heee!!! And besides you know how much I love Ms. Matthews' work!!! OMG! Smut city!


    Lissa~~~ **Squeal happy dance, okay better now**
    Thanks for coming on over! And thank you for addressing Carrie's innocence to me. I kinda figured that is what it was. And I do remember that post. And like I said, I actually looked around my life, the lives of others and can actually see that happening. So yeah, I understand. And like you said, even though I always want my heroine to be kick ass, some are just built a little different. And you are right, it gave Dallon some redemption for his wrongs. I loved it!!! Thanks for coming over!
    And yes, I do love how naughty he is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is so skinny looking, and yes the only thing I can think of is Chris' post with him, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. He IS skinny and though I tried to get the art dept. to revise the cover, they wouldn't budge on it. The hair was fine, the face was fine, the tattoo wasn't exactly what I had in mind, and he was a little skinnier than the Dallon in my head and in the book. I have to admit, this is the first cover I've had, on any book, that I wasn't quite proud of. Hopefully, Jaz's book cover will be more along the lines of Simple Need...grins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Miss Cecile... Your reviews are stipping me ignorance bare! I haven't read the book, and the guy on the cover doesn't float my rib, but I can certainly relate to: "You have to believe in yourself, in who you want to be, in who you already are".

    I may not be an innocent 30 plus, plus **shudders at the thought of telling the truth**, but experience can be forgotten when left to decay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blodeuedd~ Hey honey! Yeah, like Lissa said, the cover does not portray the book as well as it should. But.... it is an awesome book!

    Lissa~ Maybe your editor will see this post, lol... and heed the warning that the cover does matter!

    JJ Cocker~ Hey honey!!! Oh girl, I am happy to see you about! And I glad that you read this review, Ms. Lissa is one of my top notch
    authors! And if you want hot... just come to Lissa! And we may just have to bring that experience out once again!! **big grins**

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved the review Cecille! I always love your reviews because you call us out on all our dirty thoughts! LOL!

    This book sounds @#!!%& hot!! I will definitely be putting this one on the list!

    And short stories don't bother me anymore. Sometimes I like to get in and get out! Wait... that does NOT sound right! o.O

    Hope things are well dear! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading Lissa's books. The ones that I've read so far have been great. I need to get this books soon.

    sstrode@scrtc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tanya~ Hey honey!!! I am so tickled that you loved the review! Ohhh you makin me blush, hee hee! Well, you know... if it thinks like a hussy, then it is a hussy! I love those dirty thoughts though!!!
    And this book is @$%& hot!!! I will be checking you out to see when you read it, lol!!!
    Have a great day hon!
    You are making me giggle with this one ->>"And short stories don't bother me anymore. Sometimes I like to get in and get out! Wait... that does NOT sound right! o.O" Ohhh you are a hussy!
    Hugs honey!

    Sherry~ Hey hon! Ohhhh Ms. Lissa is ohhh sooo gooodd!!!! I am glad to see that you enjoy her as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always unsure about those innocent girls but the rest sounds really good to me...Me wants a smut read now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. SusiSunshine~ Hey hon! Oh it is good to see you! I hope all has been well honey! Ohhh if you want smut now, you must read this one and Simple Need!!! OMG!!! Like drop what you are doing and read those now! You will not be disappointed! Hugs honey!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"