Friday, May 21, 2010

Review: Stick Shift by Lissa Matthews

Stick Shift
Lissa Matthews


Lily hasn’t taken a vacation in years. She an orchestra musician, a private music teacher, and a homebody. She’s full-figured, quiet and lives a fairly simple life. Aside from music, she has one big passion: stock car racing. She’s been a fan for as long as she can remember and makes the yearly pilgrimage to Daytona as often as she can. When she’s offered a chance to get away to North Carolina and attend two weeks of races, she jumps at it. Little does she know what chance has in store for her…

Cam Carter is one of the most successful young drivers in the top tier of the stock car racing circuit. Traveling all over the country, he’s well known to racing fans, loved by some, respected by a few, and hated by others. He’s arrogant, strong willed, and a consistent winner. What he doesn’t have is balance…until he meets a pretty, curvaceous, and unassuming fan named Lily.

Lily fears the difference in lifestyles, ages, and personalities while Cam in turn, embraces them. Can they find a way to cross the finish line and take the checkered flag together? Or will the obstacles push against them until they crash and burn?

I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

Okay... I am sure you are getting tired of the all the books I have been showcasing lately... what can I say ~ I love sharing the hot books that I read! And this is no exception! In fact... this book makes me want to drop everything and go to a NASCAR race now!!!! You hear me NOW!!!! OH My Gosh.. Cam is just freaking Sex in a Car! All sorts of yummies. Yes... he is that hot!

This story is about a race car driver... but do not be scare. You do not have to know anything about racing cars (hell you do not even have to know how to start freaking car) to understand this story. There is shop talk in there... but nothing that will lose you or the story. Ms. Lissa did a great job at keeping the reading informed on just the right information to understand Cam's story and his passion. And just enough for the woman in me to care about how racing is in his blood.

I LOVE LILY!!!! She is about as real as real can get. She is not the average size woman ~ size 2. She owns who she is and that to me is down right out sexy. Kinda "I am woman hear me ROAR"! Yea, that is what Lily reminds me of. She is just a little skittish because Cam is younger than she is and that can make for quiet a stir in the racing community and in life in general. Lily is use to being the fly on the wall. The one that no one notices and she likes it that way. She has two best friends who compensates for that. They are the ones that don't care what people think, they are the ones that have the hot, wild sex with younger men and love it. Lily... no that is not her style... or is it??

Cam is a determined person. On and off the track. One chance meeting with Lily has his blood racing to other parts of his body that know what they want to be doing ~ and it is not autographing pictures. He is not use of backing down from anything or anyone; so Lily presents him with a challenge of some sorts. With caution flags waving around Lily's eyes... does Cam seize the opportunities he is given and go for the finish line... or does he allow Lily to push him to the pit stop and end it there?

I will give you a hint of what I like about this story... Cam is a dominate male, all alpha... And sooo yummy. But he has a side of him that is so tender and I will dare to say - sweet. I love his playfulness in his conversation with Lily. I love his mannerism. Lily just rocks my world as a heroine!! She is my kinda of woman. Ms. Lissa pens some wonderful heroines. That has to be one of my favorite parts of her writing (besides the freaking hot and steamy bedroom scenes.. okay not just the bedroom... wherever there is hot loving going on). She makes her heroine in her story real.. She makes them strong, but with a tender side to them. They are not bitches or mean or "loose"... They enjoy sex, they enjoy their own bodies and they love who and what they are. To me that is the most important thing about a woman. When you can love who you are for what you are... that is just sexy!
And when Ms. Lissa pens her heros... oh damn, they turn me to a freakin limp noddle they are so hot! And the boundaries she pushes... are freaking explosive. The woman are not push overs (to be the submissive), but they know what they want from the relationship. But in all relationships, sometimes we are kinda scare to ask what we really want... So will Lily and Cam make it the finish line or will issues arise like the red flag signaling it is over before it even started??

To find out... I will make you read it.. maaahhhaawwwww...
Also too.. If you would like to see another review of this story.. Please go check out Monroe Dawson's review --->>> here!


To read a hot excerpt of this one... please go here!
For information about this book, please go to Loose Id!

To check out an interview I did with Ms. Lissa, please go --->>> here.
To check out Ms. Lissa's web site, please go --->>> here.
She loves to hear from her readers!!!!

To see what else Ms. Lissa has in store for us, check out her bookshelf page -->> here.
post signature

19 comments:

  1. This was hot,hot,hot!!!!
    If you haven't read it..what are you waiting for...Go get it :)

    Great review Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally read this book b/c you pimped it so I have to say THANK YOU!!! It was a great short/sexy story! =) Happy Friday baby girl!

    Ps- Thanks for pimping my review doll! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I'm missing out on a great author *damn the CC and book budget* LOL Okay *hhmmmmmmm* Becoming zen again, calm, poised, releasing my impatience...June is around the corner with a new book budget LOL Again, loved reading your review Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need a fan just reading your reviews and book pimpage Cecile! LOL
    I am going to read every Lissa Matthews book I can get my hands on!

    :o)

    MsM

    word verification: pressup
    LOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaing8! Morning honey! Oh gosh.. this was hot hot hot!!! Thanks hon for coming over and checking out my review! So, you liked it as well!?!?! Isn't Cam just freakin smokin hot!!! I would not mind being chased up the stairs and getting a spanking knowing he was chasing me!!

    Monroe Dawson!! Hey honeylove!! I am sooo glad that you loved the book!!! That makes me feel good to know that you enjoyed a recommendation of mine!!!
    **dust shoulders off, Im a good pimp, lol** You are more than welcome for the mention honey! Your review was just as good!

    Leontine!! Hey honey! Afternoon to you! Oh Leontine, I promise you will not be disappointed with Ms Lissa. Her writing skills are wicked hot!! I know you will fall in love with her writing!!! Okay calm, happy place... find it..And you are right.. new month means new budget!!!!! And you have to let me know the minute you get it!!!

    MsM!! Hey honey!!! Oh yeah.. you will need more than a fan honey, lol! This is some awesome books by an awesome author!!

    **Blushing, well thank you honey.. I try to keep up my pimping skills**

    ReplyDelete
  6. **Waves back to Chris** I hope you have a great weekend honey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great review...have added it to my TBB list...Loving the fierce heroine...

    *lots of hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that sounds great! I have to get it.
    My creditcrad hates you just so you know. LOL

    HAve a wonderful weekend hon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to read this!! Love your review and your enthusiasm, Cecile!! Hope you have a great weekend, hun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another older woman, are you on a cougar roll :)
    Great review Cecile, and it sure sounds hot. Not a race car fan either, but hey if it's hot it's hot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Monroe's review totally got me interested in this book and your cemented it - I'm going to read it. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review hon! And I need to check out Ms. Matthews writing sounds very hot indeed!

    Hope you have a great weekend my dear! BIG HUGS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. s7anna! Hey honey! Thanks for coming over to peek in!! Oh I am so happy to hear that you will be putting her on your TBB list!! **can you hear me shout with glee**
    Oh girl, you will love her heroines! They rule!!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    SusiSunshine! Hey honey! Oh, you came over for a visit! I am so happy to see you here! Yeah... I get that a lot, no just joking... I get that from my own credit card though, lmbo! So, I know how you feel! Mine runs from me sometimes and hides and I swear I know I where I put it!!! LMBO!!! But it is sooo worth it! I promise!

    Janna! Hey my smutty honey!! Thanks for coming on over to my place for a spell!!! You HAVE to read this one! I know you will love it!!!! Aww honey, you are too kind with your words! I am merely doing my job of sharing my smut with you guys!!!! I am glad that you like it! Hugs to you! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Blodeuedd! Hey honey! Ohhh yes!! COUGAR in me is coming out!! rooarrr!!!! Thanks honey! I am glad that you like the review!
    Oh I was not a race car fan either, but after reading this one... I want to go to one now!!!! Oh yum!!!!

    Eyre! Hey honey! Thanks for peeking on in today!! You know I love having you here! Thanks for the kind words!

    ~ames~!! Hey honey! Hugs to you!! Ohhh yeah Monroe's review was quiet intriguing!!! And I am glad that mine cemented it for you! You will not be disappointed! I will seeing if you put up a review on it to see your thoughts!! I can not wait! Hope all is going well honey!

    JennJ!Hey honey, thanks for coming over for a while! You know I love to be surrounded by my friends! Thank you... OH yes, I urge you to try out Ms. Lissa!!!! She is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH!!!

    Now you know I'll have to go get this Cecile! I've got lots of time for reading these days...gosh, it does sound like a good one! Tell Elaing8 I'm heading out right now!

    xoxoxhugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cecile,
    I'm sure Hawk will be getting this one she loves race cars too. Oh and the men...teheheeh
    Where do you find these hot hot men. Good stuff and it sounds like my kind of guy.
    It's a good day hope yours is too.
    Hugs
    Jes

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are my sisters!!!!
    Houston A.W. Knight! Hey honey, how are you?! I hope all is well honey! I am glad that you like the books I have been dishing lately!!!
    I will be checking in with you in a bit honey!!!

    Jes' Mystical Treasures! Hey honey! Thanks for coming over! Hee hee, love these kind of books that get under my skin!!!! Girl, I can not give away all my secrets, hee heee... I will tell you later!!
    Love ya honey!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read this one, but from reading your review I can tell its steaming!!!! Its going on my TBR Lists!!!! And I love the whole Alpha male but still has a tender side to him kinda character!!!! Great Review!!!! Take Care and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lover of Romance, Hey honey thanks for visiting!! Oh if you have NOT read this one... you so NEED to!!!! This is an awesome story!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"