Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review: Stealing Fate by Berinn Rae

 



She stole his fate…

Lachesis is a Fate, an ancient Greek goddess in whose hands our destinies are unraveled. When she’s not weaving fortune, she does what she wants when she wants. That all changes when she runs into the man she craves but prayed to never see again. And she'll soon discover the god of terror can really hold a grudge.

Now it’s his turn…

The most frightening of gods, Phobos is a predator who takes pleasure in terrorizing the world. After millennia of relentless searching, he finds the Fate who caused him to be cast down from Olympus. Now he plans to use every bit of his talents on the goddess to regain his lost heritage without losing his heart in the process. 




Oh wow... Let me just say Ms. Rae put an Author's Note page at the beginning and let say it is worth reading. She made me giggle right off the bat! I stole this last paragraph from her page...

There is no mythological evidence to support Lachesis and Phobos hooking up. But, there is also no evidence that they didn‘t. One of the joys of being an author, I get to ask, what if, and so their story begins...

I love her sense of adventure, of passion, her sense for going out of the box! I love how she just grabbed this story with both hands and wrote it! Ms. Rae is a delightful author with a wicked sense of humor. Let me tell you more...

Although this is a short story, there is nothing short about this story! And there is nothing missing from this story... Ms. Rae gave me a story that fueled my imagination and satisfied the inner Greek mythologist geek in me! She gave me drama, action, suspense and some sexy God loving! Or I should say some God size hating, lol. This story has it all... Family drama, relationship issues and the God of all God's - Zeus.

Lachesis, Lacey as she is known in our world, is a Fate.. The Fate that weaves the fates of others. She knows your path before you even know it... However, she can't see the fates of those closet to her... Or even her own. That kinda sucks, really, lol. But she loves life to the fullest. And she loves the one man who could be the death of her... Her heart belongs to the god of terror... Phobos. The one man, that if he gets his hands on her, would probably kill her...

Phobos, God of Terror, is a man... I mean, god you should be very careful of. He has brought men down in battle without the need for a weapon. But in the end, those that face Phobos in battle know their fate... Death. But his heart wasn't always made of hatred... No, one woman who captured his heart... Is the same woman that brought him to his doomed fate... But is there a crack in the wall he built...

Oh my gosh, these two together are awesome! Ms. Rae delivered one hellva good story! You will feel the lost love, you will feel the animosity, you will feel the hatred... You will also see true love in action... You will see evil that lurks in the shadows... You will feel the breath of death... But you will escape with your life in the hands of a man that has vowed revenge to the one woman that could be his salvation..

This book is a Must!










A writer hell-bent on making the world a little more entertaining. 
As RACHEL AUKES (that's my real name), I write speculative fiction
(science fiction, dark fantasy, horror) because I absolutely love asking, "what if..."
(and I like to kill people off). As BERINN RAE, I write the same stuff, only with a romantic twist.
But, don't worry, because unlike in mental hospitals and online chaåçt rooms, writing under
multiple personalities is okay. 

Anyhoo, my life really isn't that entertaining. I could make shit up, but then that would be fiction, and you should buy one of my books for that. So, here's the real scoop on me: I was raised on a farm in Iowa where I [insert a pretentious grin here] boasted the small town’s largest (okay, and only) comic book collection. I still addicted to stories starring characters with kickassitude. I've did the college thing--both undergraduate (go Panthers!) and graduate (go Bulldogs!)--before going out into the "real" world and realizing that it's too much work and too little play. Alas, bills (and college loans) needed paid, so I joined the hordes of office zombies and made a career out of disentangling red tape and destroying TPS reports. Like I warned you, not very exciting. 

But, wait! That's not all. Since you've stayed with me this far, let me tell you some personal stuff... things that I love. I love flying airplanes (preferably, the old stuff) around the countryside. Nothing beats a sunset flight. I'm sure sunrise flights are just as good, but I've never been awake for one. I fly all around with my awesomely supportive husband (yup, love him!) and my incredibly spoiled sixty-pound lap dog (love her, too, even when she wants to go outside every five minutes while I'm deep into writing mode). What else do I love? I love to read, I love to write, and I love to hear from readers. Email me (Rachel at RachelAukes dot com).

Want to see what I fly to get into shenanigans? Click here to watch a super-short promo of an interview conducted by the Des Moines Register. Or, stop by my flying website: www.HalfFastAdventures.com.

In case Trivial Pursuit wants me in their next game edition, here's some of my all-time faves...

- TV Show: Firefly (no brainer)
- Video Game: Baldur's Gate (classic RPG at its finest)
- Quote: Let us live so that when we die, even the undertaker will be sorry. ~Mark Twain
- Song: Space Lord by Monster Magnet




To learn more about the worlds that  creates, please go to her website and enjoy!


And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! So glad you enjoyed Lacey and Phobos's story!! Thank you for taking the time to share your review!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"