Monday, July 1, 2013

*Blurb Blitz* A Good Time by Shannyn Schroeder *Goddess Fish Tour*



A Good Time
by Shannyn Schroeder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A passionate free spirit and a sweet-talking playboy sound like a match made in heaven—until life gets in the way of all the fun and games…

Indy Adams values her freedom above all else. She works hard to support herself, moonlighting as a waitress while she fights for her first big sale in the Chicago real estate market. The last thing she needs is to be tied down, so she doesn’t think twice about declining her philandering boyfriend’s marriage proposal. Besides, she just landed a new client, a wealthy lothario—exactly the kind of guy who would understand her no-strings approach…


Handsome, rich, and charitable, most women jump at the chance to even talk to video game developer Griffin Walker, let alone date him. So he can’t understand why Indy wants nothing more than a few steamy nights together. Despite his romantic track record, Griffin longs for real love—complete with a home and family—and he wants it with Indy. But a blessing in disguise may lead them both to a life they never expected, and give Griffin a chance to show Indy that it’s okay to want more than a good time…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Why are you here?” she asked again.
           
“I rolled over in bed, expecting to find a warm naked body and found nothing. When you didn’t pop out of the bathroom, I went to look for you and found this.” He tossed her crumpled note on the kitchen table.
           
She shook her head to clear it. “You’re pissed because I borrowed a sweatshirt?” How petty was this guy? She stripped it off and threw it at him. He dropped it on the chair.
           
Indy moved to push past him, but he caught her arm.

“I’m pissed because you snuck out of my house. You just left.”
           
She yanked her arm back. “I didn’t see the point in waking you. What do you want, a big, fat thank you?”
           
He deserved at least that much. It had been some of the best damn sex she’d ever had. Not that she would admit it right now.
           
“I want to know why you left.”
           
She didn’t know how to answer. I don’t belong in your world? He wouldn’t buy it, even though it rang true. She took a deep breath, stared at the floor, and lied. “I can’t sleep in a strange place.”
           
She’d felt too comfortable in his bed and knew it was a bad thing. Sex was sex, but sleeping together changed things.
           
His voice softened. “You fell asleep before I did.”
           
She shrugged, hoping he wouldn’t try to bust her on her lie. He moved closer and ran a hand over her hair. She wanted nothing more than to snuggle her face into his hand, but held back.
           
“Fine. I thought you might want these back.” From his pocket he produced her panties.
           
She looked at her panties dangling from his finger. The tense moment passed and she smiled. “No bra?”
           
His eyes wandered to her chest and her hard nipples. “I didn’t know you left it.”
           
“I couldn’t find my panties or bra.”
           
“I’ll look for it.” He took a step closer and she backed into the wall. “Next time, I won’t let you off so easy.”
           
She tilted her chin up, her heart already racing. “Who says there will be a next time?”
           
“You,” he whispered against her lips and kissed her.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Shannyn Schroeder is a former English teacher, who now works as a part-time editor while raising her three kids.

Even though she wrote from high school through college (mostly poetry), she’d never considered a career as an author. Writing fell by the wayside as she focused her energy on creating lesson plans and new and fabulous ways to torment her teen students. One group in particular dubbed her “The Torture Master,” a title she carried into motherhood.

After the birth of baby number two, Shannyn resigned from teaching and fell in love with reading romance novels. She read so many books so quickly that her husband teased, “If you’re going to read so many damn books, why don’t you just write one?”

So she did.

That first book is safely buried on her hard drive, but the process set Shannyn on the path to professional author. She came to reading romance later than many, but lives for the happy ending because real life can be depressing. She writes contemporary romance because she enjoys the adventure of new love.

In her spare time, she loves to bake cookies and watches far too much TV, especially cop shows. She is recovering from her Diet Coke addiction, fears putting her foot in her mouth on social media, and has a renewed appreciation for the bad girls of the world.

Web site: http://www.ShannynSchroeder.com

Twitter: @SSchroeder_





Shannyn will be awarding a $10 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the combined set of tours (NBtM Tour). 
I encourage you to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here:



And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This really sounds like a steamy and exciting romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like that guy's pretty sure of himself...I mean, I guess he's hot enough for it :P lol

    andralynn7 ATgmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like the tables are turned!!
    She is behaving like a typical guy!! (no offence meant :))
    Nice excerpt!
    Best Wishes,
    Sydney W
    Bookaddict100(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really hot read. I can't wait to read this book. Sounds very good. Please enter me in contest. Tore923@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to reading this book.
    Kvmatlock(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the late post. I’m playing catch-up here so I’m just popping in to say HI and sorry I missed visiting with you on party day! Hope you all had a good time!
    kareninnc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"