Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Shades of Moonlight by Stephanie Julian *Ellora's Cave*



Book six in the Lucani Lovers series
Wolf shifter Race Aragon knows Mara Marrucini is meant to be his, in bed and out. And he’s not about to let anyone or anything get in his way of protecting her and her baby. She’d been the prisoner of a madman and has the emotional scars to prove it. Now that she’s free, he’s going to make damn sure she gets to live her life—with him at her side.Mara adores Race. He’s the first man to make her feel like a woman. To make her feel protected. His touch ignites her desire but she fears for his safety. Her presence in his life puts him in the crosshairs.
But with her son’s life on the line, Mara trusts no one but Race to keep them both safe. And to care for her heart—always.


I obtained the above information from Ms. Julian's website!


For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do  not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

First, let me say that I have followed this series all the way through and get more involved as each story is told.  Stephanie has created a world so deep that you will hear the crickets chirp in the woods, she has given so much detail to every aspect of each character and this story is no different.

Now, this is a short story so my review won't give much away because I truly think you should read this series. I can't say with a 100% heart that you could read this book out of order or alone. Don't get me wrong, Stephanie does make sure to tell you who and what has been going on so you aren't lost, but knowing the whole family on a one on one basis is better than just getting a glance into their lives.

Race has always been the elusive one... The one that doesn't give you much to work with but oh my goddess is this man - ALL man! And wolf too ;) He knows his position in the pack and he knows that above all else, family comes first. So when he requests to become protector of a woman and her baby - he is overcome with a sense of possessiveness that he is not sure how to handle... But one thing is for sure; baby and mama have this big hunk of a man wrapped around their little finger...

Mara has been through hell and back. I mean, really. My heart goes out to her from all that she has survived. Not to mention that she escaped unharmed and her baby was delivered into this world knowing love. Mara doesn't trust easily - hell she doesn't trust at all, but she’s learning that she has too.... But one man, without a doubt, she trusts - Race.  She is trying to understand more of her world everyday; but understanding it and living it are two different things, things Mara is learning how to deal with. But with a man like Race by her side, she knows she can face the world... Together. A word that she is not sure she likes...

These two are tying this story together very nicely… The more you read, the more you understand the coming war and the importance of taking care of your own kind. Mara and Race aren't the only ones in this fight but they are missing pieces to the puzzle.... Together, they will find out things that maybe... Just will be the undoing of them... Before they even get started. Can walls come down? Can love really make the world change? Will these two find out what the meaning of "having your back" really means? If you want to know, you will have to read!


To learn more about Stephanie Julian, please visit her website here....

And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am loving this cover. It sounds great too. I love that possessive/protective shifter attitude.

    Thanks for the heads up!

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"