Monday, January 23, 2012

Review: The King's Pleasure by Kitty Thomas

The King's Pleasure

In the kingdom of Himeros, Abigail is despised for her gypsy heritage. Pushed to the fringes of society, she’s forced to break the law in order to help feed her family. When a castle guard catches her stealing bread, he intends to cut off her hand for the offense.

Niall has just taken the throne and is determined to prove he isn’t a monster like his father. Awakened by the cries of a gypsy, he spares her from the guard’s blade and takes her as his slave instead. When he learns she doesn’t understand the kingdom’s carnal ways, he becomes determined to strip her of all inhibitions until her every desire is in service to the king’s pleasure.

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction, and the author does not endorse or condone any behavior done to another human being without their consent.

Warning: This book contains master/slave, group sexual activity, mild sadomasochism, oral and anal play, exhibitionism, and voyeurism.

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

This story exists in an alternate world that is not part of our history. You may notice a blend of some modern technology (electricity and running water), with an old world feel. This is by design.

I obtained the above information from Ms. Kitty's website here.

For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

I was given this book to review and give my honest thoughts, so here goes!

By coming to my place, you know that I am a reader of Ms. Kitty's work. She is a writer on the darker end of the spectrum. She is not your average BDSM writer, she puts her dark spin on things; but you know immediately if it is for you or not. For some people, her writing is not for them. It pushes them out of their comfort zone... It pushes the limit of what they are willing to accept as okay... Her writing pushes the envelope of what is acceptable by your own morals. But her writing is just that... writing. A world of escape, a world of her own creation... A world which, if dark is for you, you could lose yourself in. Now with this said... I will tell you what I thought of The King's Pleasure...

This is short story but it was a good read! I won't give much away... The story line was fresh for me, one I have not read about. It truly was a "fairy tale" of sorts. I enjoyed the twist and turns of what happened. It is not our traditional King saves the girl story... No, but I enjoyed watching the relationship grow between the King and the peasant. It amazed me to watch Abigail be brazen in front of the King... A man she knew could end her life on a whim. She enticed him, she enthralled him... she served him. Naill, the King, took Abigail in and tried to right a wrong of the past. Could he do it...?? Could he make things work that society deemed was an outrage?
Well.... I guess you will just have to find out what truly was The King's Pleasure!

Debate Time... Not a true spoiler but a thought of my own....
***There is one part of the story that people are in debate about. I have read a few things that others have had to say and what Ms. Kitty said before I even read the book. I won't tell you what it is about... but for those that have read the story... I will say that the three sentences in question... or should I say the action in question - IMO - did not even need to be in the story. I painted the picture of what the scene looked like and for that to be there, I didn't need it. Now at what was put in there... I feel there should have been a little disclaimer of some sort for those that are against those kind of actions. But with all of this said, it did not take away from the story that Ms. Kitty put in front of me.***

To see more from Ms. Kitty... please visit her website!

And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I liked the honest review.I did like this book.I know and understand the part some had issues with that you talk about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elaine! I tried to be honest about the book. It was a great story! I really enjoyed it. As far as those "parts," it really did not bother me as a reader, but apparently it bothered others. But I hope people understand that it had no overall bearing on the story itself. It was a really good storyline.

      Delete
  2. Oh now I'm curious about the three lines that everyone is talking on. :) But I've read one other review of this and it sounds like a good read.

    Hope you are doing well. It feels like so long since I've stopped by. Hope the new year is still treating you and your family well. :) We are still going strong with sports for the kid and all things I don't even know what any more. lol. Do take care! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey honey! It really is a good story! Put aside those sentences and it is a great book. And really, those sentences had no "ill effect" to the story. I mean, it was a great story.

      I am doing well. Things are going great! Life is still treating me great! I am waking up each morning with a smile on my face, God is allowing to me live another day! The new year is kicking in full gear! Life is great! I am hoping that the new year's is treating you, the hubs and the kids well!!! You still make me giggle!! Thanks for peeking over! Hugs to you honey!

      Delete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"