Monday, November 21, 2011

Review: Rocky Mountain Heat by Vivian Arend


Rocky Mountain HeatRocky Mountain Heat
Six Pack Ranch, Book 1
He’s the one who taught her to ride. Now all he wants is to ride her.

Blake Coleman is old enough to know that acting on impulse causes nothing but a heap of trouble. But when trouble’s a western-hat-wearing blonde with slim legs that go on forever, what’s a man to do? Wanting the sweet girl next door is just wrong. The responsible thing to do is keep his hands off.

NOW AVAILABLE


I obtained the above information from Ms. Arend's website!

This is in no way a short story, lol... And if you come to by my place... You will see that Ms. Arend is one of my "very recommendable" authors! I love her writing style. She is one author that leaves me very satisfied and yet leaving me wanting more! Her style is across the board because she knows how to write me the best wolf tales... But yet write me the hottest romance story.... But above all, she knows how to keep it in the family!

This story was no different. Well, I should not say that because it really is a different tale! Ms. Arend introduces us the Coleman Clan. These boys **cough** men are known as the Six Pack Boys.... Well, because there are so many of them, lol! Believe me, I never in life wanted to live on or near a ranch as I do now that I have read this story. Ms. Arend gave and gave and gave and gave and left me wanting more of the Coleman Clan. Having just one is like eating an M&M... You can't just have one!

Jaxi is a very spirited woman. She gives and gives and gives even when you think there is no more to give. Her character makes you want to be her best friend, she just that likable. But I do have to say that I love her "mean" streak. She really is a character! She gives those Coleman boys a run for their money. She has known them for most of her life and yet even though all six are hotties... She knows the one she wants and she is determined to get the man of her dreams. Her life has not always been roses, but she always made the best of what was given to her. That is one of the things I love the most about her. She never played victim to any situation... She grabs life by the horns... And rides it for all it's worth! And she plans on showing one Coleman boy.... *ahem* Man... what a ride she can be!

Blake Coleman is the leader of his brothers. But being the oldest doesn't always mean being the smartest. He is man of morals and values that I think some men of today need to take stock on. They could learn a thing or two... or six things from. He makes you simply fall in love with him for being such a family man. He knows what needs to be done and just does it. He steps in when he knows he needs to... not has to. Coming from a big family taught him to always pitch in and help out your "brothers." But Blake tried to keep his distance from Jaxi... Because he thought he knew what was best... Being ten years her senior, he thought he knew what was best... But Jaxi plans on teaching him that he does not always know what's best!

This story truly has become one of my favorite readings! Ms. Arend drew me in the tale by letting me know that Jaxi has always had her heart set on Blake... And even though Jaxi tried to deter her heart away from him because she knew he was distancing himself away from her... Jaxi went after what she wanted. Showing me Jaxi has balls (so to speak, lol). I love that in a woman... One that is not afraid of going after what she wants. And Jaxi is just that kinda woman. The teasing and the banter was truly a delight to read! The family tension, the family drama was just enough to make the story that much more.... Ms. Vivian also included the family in the story with their own story. So, now I have a taste of what is to come when each of them get their own story...***HINT HINT***. Which I know will be coming! =)

This story is all about family and the Coleman's teach us that... And Jaxi just adds a dash of spice into that family! She stirs things and brings things to a simmer that I admire in my leading lady! And believe she does not let anyone forget she is the leading lady - Minus Mrs. Coleman, lol!!! Ms. Arend, you gave me such a satisfying story... You gave it all to me... Hot tension, sweet romance, spicy loving and delicious teasing... You also gave sweet stories, sad stories... stories that I am dying to learn more about.. You gave me the beginning of a wonderful series to come! Then the setting of the story is just so... refreshing it makes you wonder where stories like these have been all your reading life

Now what are you waiting for.... Go get this book! You won't regret it!

To see more of Ms. Vivian has in store for you... 
You might want to check out her website and blog and booklist and so much much much more here!!!!!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! 
  post signature

3 comments:

  1. Lovely review, Cecile! :D I'm very much looking forward to reading this book, as well as other s by Vivian, very soon!

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved.loved.loved this book. I want Blake ;)
    Great review Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TBQ~ Hey honey!!! Thank you! Oh girl, you will not be disappointed to read this one! It was amazing!!! =)

    I hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving!!!!!! Hugs!

    Elaine~ Thanks honey! I am glad that you enjoyed it as much as I did! It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"