Thursday, September 29, 2011

Review: Awakening by Kitty Thomas

Awakening
By Kitty Thomas

Nerina has lived all her life as a mermaid, fascinated by humans and land but also repulsed by sex and unable to understand love. Her curiosity gets her captured by a human male intent on awakening her lust and turning her human. But Nerina doesn’t believe the legend is real and fears Kyros will kill her when he learns she can’t transform.


This work is a novella of 21,500 words which will take the average reader 1 to 2 hours to read, depending on personal reading speed. The work is "meant" to be short.

For those unfammiliar with Kitty's work, this story in many respects is more "tame" than some of her other work, but it is still erotica with a master/slave and kidnap element.
I obtained the above information from Smashword website!

For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

I have been given this book for my honest thoughts... So please let's get on with the review!

For those of you that know me, know that as hard as Ms. Thomas work is sometimes, she is one of my favorite authors. Her writing style, as difficult as it may be sometimes, brings you to a place that you would never venture alone... They are not for the faint at heart... But with this story... She gave "hard" a rest and gave us a great other world story. One that will have you rethinking about what is in the ocean...


I would normally give you a little bit of history and warning about the story that I have read, but since this book is really short... I am going to do my review with a twist. I will not tell you a whole lot about this story... Just what it did for me... Ms. Kitty made me believe in the world of merpeople... a world of which mystical things lie beneath the ocean floor. I love how she wrote the book from Nerina's point of view and she shows us her whole world. But Ms. Kitty also gave us a dark side.... A side of wishing for something you want.... Just remember... Be ware for what you wish for... for you just might get it.

This is a story in which Ms. Kitty did a great job at delivering. It is a rather short story. Like she stated above... it may take an hour... maybe two or three at the most to read. It is a quick read, but one that still touches your... inner kink! Ms. Kitty made two worlds collide. Two worlds that are so different from each other... How would one think to survive in the other world? Can one survive in a world for which they do not belong? But I will tell you... it is very interesting to see how Ms. Kitty pulled off the two different worlds!


If you want to know about Ms. Kitty... please go visit her website!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. It's hard sometimes writing a review for the shorter books, isn't it? You almost feel like if you tell the whole summary of it, as condensed as you can, you've still almost told the entire story again. :) But you did a great job, and I may have to look this one up some day. Meremaids, hm? Definitely not like the Disney ones we grew up with, I'll imagine... :D

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really must read a book by her one day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first Kitty Thomas book. I thought it was a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Kitty Thomas. I haven't read this one yet, but I loved The Auction and Tender Mercies. She's one of my favorites.

    Although I know it's tricky writing a review about a shorter book, I'm glad you didn't give anything away. I've been saving this book to read on a day when I actually have a few minutes. :)

    xoxox
    Shaina (aka Samantha Whitney)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaina~ hey honey! Thanks for peeking in. It's always good to see you. If you haven't read this one yet, then I urge you to read it! It is intriguing. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I truly try not to give anything away.

    Elaine~ hey hon! I'm going to get you to read her others lol! Just wait... (:

    Blodeuedd~ hey honey!!!!! You know, you and Elaine... I'm going go get you guys to read her work sooner or later!!! Sooner hopefully!

    The book queen~ hey hon! Oh girl, it is very hard to review short storied but I do try my hardest. Thanks for coming over. And honey believe me this is not our old fairy tales lol. But I think you will like it!

    Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie,

    I'm still testing my comments...one day they're going to post.

    If you get this one...woohoo and thanks for the awesome review...mysterious yet So tempting to buy!

    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...It posted!!!!!

    Happy dancing!

    xoxoxox
    hawk

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"