Friday, December 10, 2010

Review: Talk Dirty To Me by Inez Kelley & Ginny Glass (The Blackravens Review)

Talk Dirty to Me by Inez Kelley and Ginny Glass
Publisher: Carina Press
Genre: Erotica, Contemporary
Length: Novella




Review Copy Received from Publisher

Summary: "Tell me what you want. Talk dirty to me."

Biologist Nora MacGregor is frantic when she loses her dissertation notes on
female sexuality-and some very personal fantasies. Then a sinful stranger
calls with a wicked proposition: if she talks dirty to him, he'll return her
notes, page by page. "James" allows Nora to explore her deepest desires and
challenges her clinical ideas about sex. But James can't give her the loving
touches she finds in her budding relationship with Dr. Jarod Reed.

Jarod seized an opportune moment to fulfill his desire for Nora by becoming
the mysterious James. While the anonymous, erotic phone sessions are
unforgettable, Jarod longs to tell Nora he wants more than just talk.
But how can he confess his deception without it costing him the chance to
make their fantasies a reality?

Cecile Smutty Hussy's Review:

Simple case of boy (man) see girl (woman) and wants her. Call it instant lust, cave-man attraction - whatever you will, but that attraction is a powerful drug. One Jarod cannot get enough of. Let's meet Jarod or should I say Professor Jarod. He is what every woman dreams about. Smart, funny, sexy as hell and romantic. Yes, I said romantic. Who is ready to kidnap him yet?? (ME, I quickly raise my hand proudly) He teaches English Literature and Advanced Rhetoric. So, he knows a thing or two about poetry and sonnets. Something you don't find in many men. He is subing for another Professor and as luck would have it, he gets to see this beautiful woman every Tuesday and Thursday, walking outside his classroom headed to the laundry room with her basket of whatever. It's not what's in the basket that Jarod cares about - but who's holding that he wants.

Nora is trying to finish her dissertation for biochemical. And by the life of her (because that's what this damn paper was literally sucking the life out of her) she will finish it! Under that lab coat of her's, Nora is a very beautiful woman. Smart and witty with a bit of fire under her skin. But what I admire the most about her is her sense of precaution. Oh and her sass... See: This scene is she dropped her laundry basket and books and Jarod was going to help her gather her things...

...She spun, a small can of pepper spray clutched tight in her hand. "Get lost, asshole!"
Jarod backpedaled, holding his hands up. "Whoa whoa! I was just coming to help you. I saw you fall, I-"
"I don't give two shits. I'm having a seriously bad day, and I would appreciate it if you would back the fuck off."

Without giving to much away - Jarod winds up with her dissertation. But a desire to see her again has him doing something he has never done with another woman....

Nora is caught between a rock and a hot spot when a stranger calls to let her know he has what she needs.... her paper or him?

This is a story of a woman re-discovering herself through the darkness of the night, the anonymity of a stranger and the passion that simmers from a guy who simply wants her. Nora is all about facts. It's what she lives and breathes - until she meets Jarod and then talks to James -

Jarod makes her heart skip a beat, butterflies take flight in her belly.
James makes her blood sear to a boil and makes the butterflies take off and head south.
Jarod is her romantic knight in shining armor. Knowing all the right things to say to turn her into a puddle of goo.
James is her naughty dream come true. Knowing all the things to say to set her ablaze and make her burn with desire.

Which man would you choose? Yeah, right... not so easy huh. How does one choose when both men are the best of both worlds? What would you do if you didn't have to choose?

This truly is a short - but wonderfully, delicious hot little story. It will take you on the spin cycle and get you all wet and bothered and then it will throw you in the dryer to work out those kinks. Oh yeah, there are no cool down periods. Because when the sex slows, the romance heats up and when that dips, the fires of desires will set things on fire. And believe me, I am now looking at my own laundry room and wondering if I could get my own Jarod to give me a ride on the spin cycle and Talk Dirty To Me!

Rated# Ravens and a Recommended Read by Cecile Smutty Hussy!




This review is property of The Blackravens!
Hope you enjoyed!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

13 comments:

  1. Oh Cecile...you had me at teaches english literature!!

    LOL... this is such a great plot. I'm gonna have to check it out.

    I'm in the mood for some dirty talk now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I love this plot...sex form of blackmail...talk dirty to me or you don't get your papers...

    Yap, I have to get this one!

    Hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the book I've seen really good reviews for. It sounds like something I'd enjoy ;)

    Hope things are going well, how's the new job? Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should post at once. Have had this tab open for hours and now I forgot what I was about to say.

    So have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also enjoyed this book.I still have one of the trilogy to read. Hopefully soon :)
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love a filthy dirty mouth! One I can especially clean with my tounge. That story sounds like it rocks! You are such the book pimp. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandi~ Hey honey! Oh thank you for peeking on over! Nice to have you back! And it is nice to see you make your rounds around blog land!
    This is a great book!!! Ms. Kelley is very good at tempting wicked temptation!

    Houston A.W. Knight~ Hey honey, it is good to see you! I promise we will catch up this weekend! This really is a good book. I loved her concept of the book! It was very "dirty"!!!!! Hugs to you honey!

    Patti (Book Addict)~ Hey honey! Oh gosh, what a conversation at your place right now! Thank you for letting me speaking my peace. But I always think of it like a restaurant. I mean, it is true.

    Thank you for coming by! This book is really good!!!

    The new job is going great!!! I am absolutely loving it!! We just had our Christmas party at Belladonna's Spa... It was awesome!
    Have a great weekend honey!

    Blodeuedd~ Hey honey! There you are! We were missing you at Hawk's place! And yes, you are missed!
    Hehehe, you know as long as you come here, I could care less what you say... even if it is hi! I love you!!! I hope you have a great weekend!!!

    elaing8~ Hey honey! Wasn't it a good book?!?! Ohhhh one more... humm must investigate! Thanks for coming!

    Janeen~ Ohhh filthy, dirty, naughty is in this book!!!! And you really can clean up it all you want!!! Oh thank you honey!!! For calling me a great book pimp! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh snap Chris... I am sorry. But keep it up there please! Sorry.... Our peeps down here don't know how to drive when it rains hard... I can only imagine if we would get a lot of snow... Ugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great! Fabulous review, hon!
    Hope all is well with you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did those ladies buy those swishy gold gowns?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cecile! *hugs* I hope you are doing well. And all is going great for you at the new job. I bet you are busy with the holiday on the horizon, so close. :) Hope everyone is well.

    We are moved in, with loads of stuff to still do. But I figure I'll be unpacking for the rest of my life. :) I just need to get through the holidays first. :) I think I might have the kids close to being done. Ha, I don't think they are ever truly done. But close enough for now. :)

    Hope you take care and have a great week. *hugs to you*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janna~ Oh wow, hey honey! I am glad that you came peek over to my home! I hope all is okay and you are doing well. Things are okay for me... I can only say okay... Hugs to you and thanks again for coming over! =)

    JJ Cocker~ Hey honey! How are you? I hope all is well for you and with you honey! Thanks for coming over! I love having you over!

    Melissa (My World...in words and pages)~ Oh hey honey!! I am glad to hear that you will be in the home for the Christmas holiday! **Hugs to you** An I am so glad to hear that you are slowly unpacking!! Hehehe... I think you will always be unpacking! I mean, you know you will be getting new things and old things... Lol!
    Thanks for coming over honey and letting me know how you are!
    Hugs to you and Happy Tuesday!


    Hi Cecile! *hugs* I hope you are doing well. And all is going great for you at the new job. I bet you are busy with the holiday on the horizon, so close. :) Hope everyone is well.

    We are moved in, with loads of stuff to still do. But I figure I'll be unpacking for the rest of my life. :) I just need to get through the holidays first. :) I think I might have the kids close to being done. Ha, I don't think they are ever truly done. But close enough for now. :)

    Hope you take care and have a great week. *hugs to you*

    December 13, 2010 7:44 PM
    Delete

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"