Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Review: The Kure by Jaye Frances

The Kure

 Let's start with a synopsis of the story:

   Forbidden by law and denounced as an abomination by the church, the Kure has been hidden for centuries . . .

   John Tyler has never met Sarah Sheridan. But he knows he must find her, and somehow convince her that she is the key to unlocking the power of an ancient ritual that will rid his body of a rare and ravaging disease.

   But as cure quickly becomes curse, John realizes the ritual is more than a faded promise scrawled on a page of crumbling paper, and he discovers, too late, that the unholy text has unleashed a dark power that is driving him to consider the unthinkable.

   Ultimately, John must choose between his desperate need to arrest the plague that is destroying his body, and the virtue of the woman he loves, knowing the wrong decision could cost him his life. 

I obtained the above information from Ms. Jaye's website.

I am a new reader to Ms. Jaye work and she is very intriguing. The story she has to tell is very in-depth. I would consider this story to be a western story even thought there are no guns being drawn or anything like that, but it is during the horse and buggy era... So to me that is western era.

The story is of a man - John - who has some type of infection. Now I am not sure where or how he caught it but it is in a very private area and he just wants it healed by any means necessary....

There is a way of getting rid of it... The Kure....

It is not something anyone wants to talk about or discuss or even breath the words about... So, John is kinda left in a pickle because the reasonable way to cure him is leeching... Which was popular back then.... But can John handle that or does he venture out to try The Kure...

You will have to read to see what happens with John and his predicament.

To find out more about Jaye, please visit her website here!


And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"