Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You Wanna Quickie ~ Mate of the Wolf


Mate of the Wolf
Category : Romance
KBISBN : 9781426820793
Published date : 1 July 2008




The Blurh:
Rule Number One Date only Pack members. She knew he was definitely not part of the Pack, but the immediate intense attraction Allie felt for Kane overwhelmed her good sense and convinced her to toss her rules out the window. The fact that she couldn't detect his scent did not concern her she knew he was unlike any man she'd ever known, and she had to be with him, whatever the cost.

He couldn't believe she didn't recognize him he'd known instantly what she was. After four hundred years, Kane had finally found his Svetla, his one true mate. But a union between their two races was expressly forbidden. So now it was time for Kane to break some rules of his own....
I obtained this from Mobipocket eBook.
Allison, aka Allie, is a wonderful person to know. I loved her the moment I read of her. She is a very dedicated friend as we see with Emily. Her best friend since God knows when... Emily has been diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer and Emily's family is the only family Allison has. She loves Em so much, she will even entertain her with blind dates.
Enters Kane... She went to the Shorelines bar to meet her "blind date". She is on the phone with Em while craning her eyes in the place to see if she can spot him. Well, as luck would have it, in walks in this drop dead gorgeous guy.... but she knows something about him... he is not part of a pack.. or any pack for that matter.
But hey... what's one date right... Well.. that is where things turn a bit chaotic!! A beer bottle gets caught under her high heel shoe and well.. it's buttoms up from there.
Kane was instanly drawn to her and at the moment of knowing her, would do anything for her... even risking exposing himself to the sun!!!
This was among my favorite in this collection of books. This one gave the rest a run for my money!! But all the stories in this collection are very hot and awesomely written for short stories!
This is one about the rules of the opposite race... werewolf vs vampire. And in the short time Ms Whiddon had, she convienced me that Allison and Kane were destined to be together despite everything!!
I hope I have encourged to pick up this hot book and read... if not... stay tune for four more reviews!!!
I also obtained this image from Mobipocket eBooks as well. I really love this cover... It speaks volumes about what will go on between these pages.... Very hot ladies!!
Please visit Ms. Karen Whiddon's site --->>> here! Leave her comment and let her know what you think!!

8 comments:

  1. That's the ticket.. hon

    I love this author, i am so there for her new release...

    Good quickie...

    Hope you continue through with the series..

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cecile,
    About your comment you thought was missing, they are both up now :)
    It's cos of the comment moderation thing, I posted the comments this morning when I woke up. So scared of that creepy spammer I had back in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot the post, lol.
    Sounds nice, a vamp and a werewolf, now that I want to see.
    Oh and another thing I forgot (just woke up my brain is still sleeping ;)
    Wild Heart comes out first in November

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - thanks so much for the kind review. Google-alerts notified me. My newest Pack book is on the shelves now (July 1st). It's called Wild Wolf and is a really specialy story to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quickie Cecile!!! This sounds like a wonderful book.....it is on the tbb list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erotic ~ Hey Honey! Thanks... I will be definitely be picking up her series!! I loved this story!!!

    Blodeuedd ~ Well, I am glad that it came up for you... I was concerned. Yea, I went to Borders today and the guy told me I would have no luck with getting Wild Heart right now =( I think you would truly love this short little story... so much... like me, you may pick up the series!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erotic ~ Hey Honey! Thanks... I will be definitely be picking up her series!! I loved this story!!!

    Blodeuedd ~ Well, I am glad that it came up for you... I was concerned. Yea, I went to Borders today and the guy told me I would have no luck with getting Wild Heart right now =( I think you would truly love this short little story... so much... like me, you may pick up the series!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms. Karen~ Thank you ever so much for dropping by; it means the world to me!!! I will definitely be checking that out!!! And hopefully, I can get others to check it out as well!!! Going to your place right now!

    Blanche ~ Oh, Blanche, this was an awesome quickie!!! So much so, I am checking out her series as I type this up!!!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"