Friday, June 21, 2013

*Author Interview* Legal Heat by Sarah Castille

Legal Heat



Katy Sinclair made it to the brink of partnership at her high-powered law firm with hard work, dogged determination, and the ruthless self-discipline to cultivate a conservative public image. But when she follows an evasive witness into a sex club, she can’t deny herself a red-hot sexual encounter with the seductive bartender who sets her body on fire. She’s sure no one will ever know about her indiscretion —until she walks into the courtroom to find her dirty little secret is the opposing counsel in the most important case of her career.

As the managing partner in a struggling law firm, hot-shot attorney Mark Richards can’t afford any mistakes that might cost him his biggest client. Like getting involved with his beautiful, determined opponent—the mystery woman he hasn’t been able to forget. But when Katy’s quest for justice leads to death threats, Mark will sacrifice everything to protect her. Now they’re risking their hearts…and their lives…in a race to catch a killer. Little do they know, the greatest danger lies closer to home. www.sarahcastille.com  (Samhain Publishing - April 2013)







Why don't you tell us a little about yourself.... Something that we cannot Google about you, lol!
  • As an attorney, I once worked for the estate of one of the royals
  • I eat chocolate frozen. My freezer contains one drawer of “food” and one drawer of chocolate.
  • I have three little DDs who used to want to be authors but then decided to be circus contortionists instead because writing is too much work.
  • I was once attacked by an owl. Now I collect them. No, not stuffed. That one got away.

Tell us a little about your book?
Legal Heat is am erotic romantic suspense about an ambitious young lawyer who indulges her sexual fantasies with a man who turns out to be opposing counsel in the most important case of her career. Oh, and there is a villain. A nasty one. And intrigue. Murder, too. I think that’s it. Except for the smex. Which is smokin’ hot. And plentiful.

How much emotion does it take from you to write?
I buy tissues in bulk from Costco J

What is your favorite part of the book?
The scene where the hero seduces the heroine on the judge’s desk.

You can only pick 3 words for your main characters..what would they be? *to describe your main characters* Mark - Smokin’ hot smex; Katy – ambitious, determined, adventurous

Which was the easiest character to write and the hardest ~ and why??
I always find men easier to write. Less complicated. Less emotional. Simple creatures, really J

The heroine was the most difficult to write. She had had such a difficult past, I wanted her to have her happily ever after right away. Instead, I put her through the emotional wringer and had her shot. I am mean, mean, mean.

How many books are you shooting for in this series??
Three. The second book, Barely Undercover (Lana and James’ story) will be released by Samhain in December. After that I’ll be working on Tony’s story.

What are you currently working on?
I have a contemporary MMA fighter romance, Against the Ropes being released by Sourcebooks Casablanca in September. I’m in the process of finishing up the second book in that series.

Do you have anything due to release soon?
Against the Ropes, an MMA fighter romance will be released in September!

What's one thing that you enjoy about writing?
Immersing myself completely in a different world and feeling emotions I would never normally experience.

Since we're cover hussies....what was your first impression of your cover?
Loved it. Hot. Sensual. Sexy.

What do you prefer ebooks or paperbacks?
Paperbacks for books I want to read again and savor. Ebooks for travel.

Is there a genre you would like to write but are a little apprehensive to try?
I’m game to try anything so long as there is a happily ever after!

Okay.... personal time!!!! Oh yeah, I go there... Hahah...

If you thought you were safe... Nah... Forgot it... Not a chance! We will start off slow and easy, I promise!

What is on your night stand/dresser? Pen, paper, unmentionables
What are you listening to you right now? Soundtrack from Django Unchained
What are you reading right now? Beyond Control by Kit Rocha
What is your favorite season? Autumn Holiday? Easter=chocolate.
And what has been your best b-day present ever?? Trip to Vienna, my fave city!

Hard and Quick Time! Don't think... Just answer! Okay, before we go this route, I will get us a refill on our drinks... I will be right back...

You know you do... Quickie time... Think fast....

Are you a quickie kind girl? I have kids. ‘Nuff said.

Dark or Milk Chocolate? Milk Chocolate (easier on the sheets).

Whipped or Melted? Whipped. Always.

Straight up or with a twist - sex? With a twist (goes with whipped).

What's ur fave drink - in a glass or on him? Mouth to mouth

Spank or Flogger? Hmmmm. Don’t ask. Don’t tell.

Junk or Health Food? Health

Ties or Chains? Has to be ties (my hero ties up my heroine on the judge’s desk using his tie!)

Leather or Lace? Lace (I’m a girly girl)

Soft or Hard... Bed, where was your mind? Are we sleeping or playing?

Control or Be Controlled? To be or not to be.

Hot Wax or Whip Cream? Depends where it’s going

Vampire or Werewolf? Vampire (not keen on facial hair).

Twitter and/or Facebook? Twitter – fast and sweet.

Pinterest or not? Not yet but getting there.


Short Bio
Recovering lawyer, karate practitioner, and caffeine addict, Sarah Castille worked and traveled abroad before trading her briefcase and stilettos for a handful of magic beans and a home near the Canadian Rockies. Her steamy, contemporary romantic tales feature blazingly hot alpha heroes and the women who tame them.


Long Bio
After graduating with a B.A Honors degree in History and an LL.B. (law degree), Sarah Castille practiced law on the West Coast for several years before succumbing to the lure of foreign travel. She obtained a Masters Degree in Law from the University of Edinburgh and then practiced at one of the world’s largest law firms in London, England during which time she traveled extensively, wrote moderately, and developed a taste for tea, European footwear and Greek cuisine.
She traded in her life of European glamor for the comforts of the frozen North and the excitement of home renovation, during which time she wrote extensively, never traveled, and developed a taste for beef jerky, Tim Horton’s coffee and Sorels.
After her first book, Legal Heat, won prizes in nine Romance Writers’ Association chapter contests, including the Grand Prize in the Valley of the Sun Hot Prospects Contest, Sarah decided to take a break from high heels and legal practice to write about red-hot alpha males and the women who tame them.
Sarah lives with her husband, munchkins and a family of owls in the shadow of Canada’s Rocky Mountains, where she is currently working on her next novel.





BUY THE BOOK: 





And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I saw this book (and put it on my TBR list) when I was searching Samhain. Sounds really good.
    great interview ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping my elaing8! Hope you enjoy it!

      Sarah

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed the interview! This one sounds very interesting, I will have to put it on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Renee! Have a great day!

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting me Cecile! It was such a fun interview to do!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"