Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Guest Post: Wanna Bad Girl Lesson by Seraphina Donava

Ladies and gentlemen of the Lair.... 
I would like for you to put together a warm, hussy welcome for a new author... 
Let's welcome...

Ms. Seraphina Donava


Thank you so much, Cecile, for letting me hang out at your blog today!  I’m a relatively new author, so it’s great to have opportunities like this.  Right now, I’m in a whirlwind of promotions for my new book, Bad Girl Lessons, but I’m having the time of my life with it. 

As for the book, Bad Girl Lessons, it’s a fun read, bit lighter than most of my work, and at the heart of it, it’s just a good old fashioned love story.  One of the things that stands out for me about this book, and about my others, is that I write stories about “real-size” heroines.  Also, because for most of us, when we read a romance we want to identify with the heroine, I’ve been careful to describe her only as curvy, because that can mean a lot of things to a lot of people.  I want women, whether they are a size 10, a size 20, or a size 26 to be able to read these books and connect with the heroine. 

Being a plus size woman myself, I was always so excited to find a mention in a book of a heroine being plump, or curvy or voluptuous, or any other descriptor that didn’t talk about how slender she was and how tiny her waist was.  We read these books because we want to believe in fairy tales, and in my fairy tales, you don’t have to be skinny to nab the hunk!  I wrote Evie with all the insecurities that slam the rest of us, and I wrote secondary characters in the book who mean well but who harp about her weight, as well.  I wanted this to be a fairly accurate portrayal of what it’s like to be an overweight woman in our society.  Sadly, whether you are too plump or too thin, weight is one of those areas where people, especially family members, feel that it is okay to comment and say whatever hurtful things they want to, because they are saying it with your best interests at heart.  I also wrote a hero, Jackson Cope,  into this book for whom Evie’s weight is simply not an issue.  Unlike some books that feature curvy heroines, the hero does not have a fetish for larger girls, he’s not a chubby chaser.  He loves Evie for who she is and how she looks is simply part of that for him.  Her curves are appealing to him because they are part of what make her who she is. 

Now, that being said, this book is not a lesson in political correctness in dealing with size challenged individuals.  This book is hot, steamy, sometimes funny, and at times, I hope it will have you hanging onto the edge of your seat.   I let my “Southern” out in this book, too!  I hope people who read it can have even a fraction of the enjoyment I had in writing it! 

Thanks again for having me!  

To give you a taste of what you are in for...

Blurb:
Evangeline Harper has been everyone's good girl. But after being dumped at the altar by her fiancé, Evie decides it's time to stop playing by the rules and have some fun. There's only one problem... she doesn't know how. But one of her oldest friends, Jackson Cope, is just the man to teach her. Hotter than a Georgia tent revival in July, Jackson has had a starring role in every erotic fantasy Evie has ever had. Can she convince the local bad boy to help transform her from a slightly pudgy, former debutante into a wanton, sex kitten?

Jackson's been secretly in love with Evie since they were kids, but she was always off limits to the likes of him. Now she's offering him everything he's ever wanted, but only as friends with benefits. Planning to seduce her into his life on a permanent basis, he starts out with hot, steamy lessons on how to walk on the wild side. When Evie's former fiancé shows up, trying to woo her and her trust fund back to save his sorry hide from the Dixie Mafia, it's up to Jackson to protect her from danger. But who will protect him from a broken heart?

Author Bio:
Seraphina Donavan is part time graduate student, full time drone in the bureaucracy of social work, and is dedicated to rescuing as many strays as possible. http://seraphinadonavan.blogspot.com

And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see a book with a curvy woman as the heroine.Don't see much of that.
    Sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"