Monday, May 28, 2012

Book Review: Josh of the Damed Triple Feature by Andrea Speed *Riptide Publishing*

Josh of The Damned
Triple Feature
ISBN: 978-1-937551-35-3
Genre: comedy; urban fantasy; paranormal
Contemporary
80 pages/23k
ebook
Kisses and touches, no love scenes
Excerpt and Buy Link

Blurb:

What most people call a hellish shift, Josh Caplan calls a normal evening. After all, he works nights at a convenience store beside the mouth of hell, selling snacks to zombies and lizard men.

Some monsters are odder—and more dangerous—than most. Like the rampaging, oversized mustache who skips the Pringles and eats the customers instead. Or Cthulhu’s half-brother Stan, who doesn't know how to take no for an answer . . . or where to put all those tentacles.

But killer facial hair and inept hentai beasts pale in comparison to the monster even other monsters fear. When hell’s big boss demands a sit-down with Josh, she reveals a destiny bigger than he’d ever imagined—or wanted. You'd think preventing the apocalypse would net Josh more than minimum wage and a hot vampire boyfriend, but it turns out saving the world can be a pretty thankless job.

This title is #3 of the Josh of the Damned series.

I obtained the following information from Riptide Publishing.

For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

This is a m/m book, just in case it is not your cup of tea... You will not offend me ~ just drop in to say hi!!!!

The titles below are the three books that are in this book...

1.) Night of the Mustache  

2.) I Was Cthuluh's Love Slave

3.) Interview with the Empire

The story line is getting more interesting as the adventures Josh takes! This is a strange series, but strange for the good! The stories are getting more interesting... As Ms. Andrea stirs the vortex of Hell up and allows Colin to flex his vampire muscles.... Each of these stories will build you up to the next one.... And yes, I am freaking waiting for the next one?!!??!!? Hello... Ms. Andrea, did you hear that... I am waiting!!

Guys, if you have not read this series, I advise that you do! I mean, it is kinda out there, but in a good way. It will make you shake your head, it will make you giggle, it will make you sooooooo glad that you do have a nine to five job, lmao!!!! It really is good series. Ms. Andrea put everything in this series and it just keeps getting better! This really is a pleasure reading series because you don't have to be all series going into reading these books. Now I will say that you do need to read in order because Ms. Andrea is building this series up.... As you will learn when you read the last book!!!!

Go get them now! 

And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Great review Cecile.I liked this book. Looking forward to more adventures with Josh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, so wanna read the 2nd one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for the kind words.

    You know, Riptide Publishing is giving away the first one, Pretty Monsters (Josh of the Damned #1) away fro free, for a limited time: http://www.riptidepublishing.com/titles/pretty-monsters-josh-damned-1

    And if you want to see more Josh, spread it around! Review, buy, pass out Pretty Monsters.;) That way, we guarantee more of Josh's wacky world to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine! Thanks! This series just gets better and better and still leaves me giggling sometimes! I agree with you... I am so looking forward to more adventures with Josh!!!

    Blodeuedd!!! Hey honey!!!! Oh girl, you have to read these! They are just flat out hilarious! I mean they will make you giggle but still give you an awesome story!!

    Andys! Hi! Welcome! I tweeted this link! Thanks for letting me know that! Because we definitely want more of Josh. I mean seriously, you can't leave me hanging the way you did.... You wouldn't do that... would you!??!
    Thanks for popping in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this series so far and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"