Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Book Review: Country Mouse by Amy Lane & Aleksandr Voinov *Riptide Publishing*

Country Mouse
Author:
Amy Lane
Aleksandr Voinov
Country Mouse by Amy Lane and Aleksandr Voinov

Owen may be a bit of a country mouse, but he’s loving his vacation in London. After a long day playing tourist, he’s on the hunt for some cheap beer and a good burger. Instead he finds a man hunting him, an arrogant prick with only one thing on the brain: the kind of meat that doesn’t come on a bun.

Eighty-hour weeks at a trading desk don’t leave Malcolm Kavanagh much time for meaningful relationships. Besides, in his world, everything’s a competition—even sex. When his newest one-night-sub fails to show, Malcolm sets his sights on the pretty young Yank on the bar stool beside him.

Owen’s all for an adventure with a native, but he’s not the pushover Malcolm thinks he is, and Malcolm’s not as shallow as he tries to be. They both soon learn that nothing's too intimate to share with a stranger, and the strangest things happen when two people share the most important pieces of their hearts.

I obtained the above information from Riptide Publishing website.

For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

I am just warning you.... This is a review about m/m reading. So, if this is not your cup of tea... just drop a line and say hi!! If this... then keep reading!

Now with my warning out the way, we will continue the review... Amy & Aleksandr combined work is a very intriguing tale of two men who live worlds apart but come together for an explosive weekend. I am not sure how combining writing minds work... Like who writes what, who develops what character, but what I can tell you is it worked for these two. This story is smooth, passionate, and all things great!

My thoughts on this story is that it is well developed for a short story. I have heard through the grapevine that there is sequel coming out and I CAN NOT WAIT! This tale is filled with uncertainty but understanding. Let's meet two men who live in two completely different worlds and see how they collide!

Owen is a man who takes life as it comes... He knows life is not always going to go his way, but he makes the best of what comes his way. He has had his heart broken a time or two,but has remained friends with his past interlude. In fact he agreed to take a trip to London with an ex... Because she wanted to go! Now what that tells you... Owen wasn't sure what or who he was was looking for, he just knew that having an aboard fling would be better than sitting in the piss poor excuse for a bar that he sat in. He wasn't looking for love but he wouldn't knock it away either. But when Owen saw Malcolm, he wasn't sure what he was going to get....

Malcolm wasn't looking for anything other than a one night stand, if that. He is so round tight from his day job working in the trade market. He was tried and had enough of hiding. He has an image to uphold at work, he has an image to uphold on the scene... but behind close doors.. He wanted things he did not even know he wanted.. Until he spotted a man in a bar... Drinking some Gawd awful drink...

These two meet on a night where anything is game... You wanna see what happens... Why don't get you the book! Because believe me... The ending had me almost in tears! I could not believe what Malcolm was doing... To see a man come from one point in his life... to see him go where he never thought he would go himself.... So.... I will leave you with this... GO get it! The story is hot, sweet, adorable and just plain sexy!!!

And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

3 comments:

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"