Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review: Burning Up by Anne Marsh


Burning up
The Smoke Jumpers

WHERE THERE’S SMOKE…

For Jack Donovan, smoke jumping is a way of life. He lives for the adrenaline rush—the thrill of flying over the burning California hills, the intensity of diving straight into the inferno, the glory of taming the forces of nature. Love is a distant ember compared to the feeling he gets fighting fires—until an emergency call from his hometown brings him face to face with the one woman he can’t forget …

THERE’S FIRE

Lily never got over the handsome rogue who once kissed her senseless—and then left. She vowed she was done with love ’em-and-leave ’em men and small town life. Until a series of malicious fires set by a stalker has her running home to hide. Now, their summer is heating up as Jack fights to save her from the stalker’s fiery threats and to convince her to give the passion between them a second chance.

I obtained the above information from Ms. Anne's website!

I  am happy to say that this is the first book I have read for my own pleasure lately. Every once in a while - in between my reviews - I get to read a book that is just for my own guilty pleasure and I'm tickled to say that this is one of those treats.

Ms. Anne has entrapped me into a world I can't get enough of. Her writing style is easy, flowing and thorough. She included what she needs to and lets your imagination run when it needs to. She makes the excitement simmer, she makes the passion boil over all while you explode with anticipation of what is to come.  She gives nothing away easily... She will make you work for your happy ever after... Hell, she will make you wonder if you will get a happily ever after. Sometimes you will wonder if it truly will come

I love Lily because even though life has dealt her a crappy hand, she made the most of it… Until one day, she realized things were out of her control. Her past has made her into the woman she is today - strong and determined. But one thing from her past continues to haunt her… Literally. Jack Donovan - one of the bad boys of Strong. This man captured her heart in her high school years and continues to haunt her dreams till this day. He is the one thing that her heart, body and soul wants… but she knows he is not for her. She knows he is not the staying type. So, when he walked away, she knew she had to convince her heart to let go. But we all know how hard it is to convince your heart to let go of something that you know is what you truly want. Lily walked away from Strong knowing that she was doing it for the good of her heart and soul… because she would never be able to have what she wanted. But what has Lily running back to Strong could be the death of her… 

Jack has been known all his life as one of the bad boys of Strong… him and his two brothers. But Nonna took them in and offered them her home and her heart. They took both, but guarded their own hearts with a wall of pure concrete - until Nonna finally broke them down. She showed them what love is all about. Protecting your family and treasuring them like no other. Jack might have been a bad ass, but he was also a gentleman… But his love 'em and leave 'em attitude was about to come to a halt… Jumping out of planes to fight fires was what Jack was damn good at and he knew if he could handle out of control fires, he could handle anything… But his Lily… Well, that was a different story. She had already captured his heart but he would be damn if he settled his soul down in Strong. That is, until someone decided to reek havoc on his hometown and his Lily. No one messed with what was his and even though Lily did not know she was his… he wasn't going to let anyone destroy what was his without a fight!

Jack and Lily are awesome characters - alone and with each other. Their chemistry is as hot as the books story line. This is such a great story and a different setting for me. I thorough enjoyed this story. Jack is one hell'va man and Lily is one hell'va woman! They will push each other till there is nowhere else to go, they will make each other re-evaluate what their life has to offer… They will make each other think about things they never thought they could think about… Hell, they have met their match as adults because now Lily can push back! And that is every part enjoyable as watching Jack push her back…. The drama and suspense in this story is awesome! The rest of the characters add to the story without overshadowing the main characters and the reason for their story!

I really enjoyed this story. It has everything in it to satisfy every desire that I could have for a great story. Ms. Anne gave me broken hearts, healing heart, drama, tension, passion, suspense and a whole lotta loving! She captured every angle of the story that was needed to make me feel like I was in the Lavender field with Lily… Made me feel like I was burning up in the fire ring with Jack - helping him fight it! She made you smell the smoke, feel the heat, sense the danger lurking in the dark… but she also made you feel the passion, feel the desire, feel the loneliness…. She brought life to Jack and Lily and the people of Strong. She will also be bringing forth more stories of Jack's brothers (or at least she better if she knows what's good for her, lmbo!) Ms. Anne has done very well at crafting a tale and putting me right in the story. 

This story melted my heart, made my pulse race but made me feel alive! The build up of this story is remarkable and I really hope you guys enjoy the Smoking Ride as much as I did…. and will with the next story to come!!! Thank you Ms. Anne!



To learn more about Ms. Anne, please visit her website!

And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Cecile. Have you seen the covers for books 2 and 3..WOW. Hot!! Just like 1 :) Sounds like a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecile wait till you read the 2nd book, it is just as smokin but such fun too!

    I want badly to read One Hot Cowboy but have so many others ahead of it am not sure when that will happen but this smoke jumper series is one that so far hit two out of two and looking forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey E!!! Thanks for coming over! This is a great story and I can't wait to see what you think of the book!

    Hey Jackie!!! Oh gosh!! It has been forever hon! How are you and hubs??? I hope all is well on your end of the South! You would laugh about the people up here thinking they ARE the south!! I just laugh!
    Thanks for coming over and popping in!! Girl, when I read Jack.... I know Anne will give us more of these naughty boys!!! This is a hot series!
    Hugs to you honey!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"