Wednesday, March 14, 2012

ARC Review: Cat Scratch Fever by Jodi Redford

Cat Scratch Fever ~ available April 2012

Who says a wolf can’t make a pussycat purr?

Perfect timing has never been Lilly Prescott’s long suit. Seconds before a showdown with werewolf Dante Morgan, who owns a property that by rights should belong to her, she goes into heat. Not a simple event for a lynx shifter. No, she’s doomed to weeks of frustration that can only be soothed by frequent rolls in the hay—or her hand. Unfortunately, Dante accidentally witnesses the latter.

Left shaken and highly aroused in the snow, Dante can’t believe he’s attracted to the woman who drives him crazy, and not in a good way. Worse, his father has issued an ultimatum. Marry, or abdicate his place as pack leader. On the other hand, it’s the perfect leverage. Lilly will get her land…in exchange for a wedding ring and all the sexual satisfaction she can handle.

Marry Dante? No doubt he’s a poster boy for Hunks ’R’ Us, but he’s rude, arrogant and Lilly’s sworn enemy. Not to mention the thought of losing her independence is frightening as hell.

When they find themselves falling victim to their own charade, though, it’s anything but hell. It’s heaven, and the last thing either of them wants. The real thing.

Warning: This book contains redneck werewolves, inconvenient hormones, and a whole new use for cat toys. Uncontrollable meowing may occur.

I obtained the above information from Ms. Jodi's place.
I was given this book for my honest thoughts! So, let's rolll...

Okay, I would normally put in my short story warning... but technically this is not a short story coming in under 175 pages. I am only saying about short story because I read it in one day... So, now that you know that, you can make your own judgement!!

Now... if you notice the first line under the title... I made it bold for you... That alone - if not the title alone - really made me want to read this book! I love Ms. Jodi's work. If you have time to check out my archives, you will see that I have a read a couple of things by her already. She has amazing talent! Her writing is soooo descriptive and thorough that I can almost smell the scents she describes, I can feel the tension she is creating, I can sense the danger lurking in the dark... To bad I can't actually feel what Dante feels like... But you know... It is just that good that if I close my eyes.. Well, that is for another conversation. But anyways....

Ms. Jodi's stories are full of everything that it takes to make me feel the story. She makes me smile with the happiness of the characters, she makes me frown when things don't go quite like they should, she really makes me want to bitch slap a woman.... She makes me feel the sexual tension in the air, she clearly makes me feel the lust, she makes me feel the love that could be there... If two people would just put their differences aside... Just maybe...

Lilly is a woman after my own heart... She is a special kinda woman. Well, besides being a lynx shifter, she is just a plain ordinary woman who feels the past of her parents has screwed up her chances at happiness. She knows her life is never going to be perfect. She has a sassy mouth on her and an even sassier attitude! And she is funny as hell. But she has a passion... And that passion is building a private retreat for the Lynchat Foundation. She has given this her heart and soul.... But one man stands in her way... Tall, dark, aggravating, obnoxious, handsome werewolf...

Dante... is that werewolf that stands in her way... Actually if truth be told, he is actually sitting his sweet ass down on what is in her way... Land that "legally" belongs to her family. A long time ago... During a poker game.. You see where I am going with this... Her grandfather bet the land to Dante's dad. So, rightfully, the land does belong to Dante and not Lilly... But that has not stopped Lilly from pleading her case to Dante every chance she gets. Which seems like it is all the time! Dante knows he is next in line to be the alpha of his father's pack. But the deal his Dad is trying to strike has this werewolf looking at other options... Dante really does not want the spend the rest of his life with a real wolf of a bitch (whom no one can stand)... But what are his other options...

These two are hilarious!! I love this story. I am not lying when I say the whole story is so descriptive you will feel like you are right in the story. You will feel the cold of the snow, you will feel the tension in the air when these two get together... but you will also feel the heat that radiates off these two, you will see the lust that is hidden in the evil glares they try to swap. Their banter is amazing. Ms. Jodi created these two with such stubbornness and bull headiness that their actual clashing becomes explosive!

They have obstacles to over come and a lot to deal with, but when these two drop the fences, leave the bitchiness alone and see each other for who they really are... It will blow your mind! This story has everything to make it the great story it is... There is love, hate, there is close call of death...

Have you ever wanted your man to fight for you with all he has? Did you ever look at your man and know with every fiber in you that he was yours... Completely, utterly... yours? Well, welcome to Lilly & Dante's world... Let's see what happens to make this Cat Scratch Fever!

Okay, now Ms. Jodi.... I am willing to bet that Shane, Dante's cousin... and Kinsley, Lilly's sister, are the next hook-ups!?!?!?! I love this series! Please, you have to give me more!!! You know I will be stalking you until I get it!

To find out more about Ms. Jodi, please visit her website here!

And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome.I love Jodi's books,so I know I'll love this too.
    Great review Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful! I haven't heard of this author before. Putting it on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elaine!!!! Oh damn these books are just that damn good!!!! I can't wait till you take the dive, believe me you won't regret it, but you know that about me already!
    Hugs

    Buckeye!!!!! Oh girl, how have you been?!?! I hope all has been well for you!!! I am trying to get around, I promise!!! This is a great author to read! Please let me know when you check her out!!!
    Hugs honey!

    Blodeuedd!!! Hey honey1!! OH you know I miss you! Love when you stop in!!! Know that I think of you often!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"