Thursday, July 21, 2011

Review: A Night of Secrets by Lori Brighton

A Night of Secrets
Historical Paranormal Romance

Grayson Bellamont has spent years on the Continent, fighting a war he cares nothing for. It is only while in the chaos of battle that he can hide what he truly is, a vampire. Returning to England, he finds his sister murdered and his seven-year-old niece missing. All over the country vampires are mysteriously dying. Grayson sets out to uncover the truth and locate his niece before it’s too late. All leads point to Meg James, a vicar’s daughter. Instinct tells him Meg is innocent, but the clues he uncovers warn she’s guilty. One thing is clear, Meg awakens a warmth inside of him he thought long dead and Grayson is torn between a sense of duty and his desires.

Vowing to honor a promise, Meg concocts a lie to keep a stranger’s child safe. She had no idea that protecLinkting the child would mean putting her own life in danger. When Grayson arrives asking questions, Meg’s unease flares. Who is this mysterious man who seems to appear and disappear as quickly as a spirit? A man with strength like no other? As he pushes ever closer, taking over her senses with his touch, his kiss and his unexpected honor, she realizes she has even more to lose. Meg is falling in love with Grayson, but will he believe her when the truth will condemn the one person he trusts the most?

I obtained the above information from Ms. Brighton's website.

I wont' say this is a short story... because it comes under 200 pages but for those of you that read fast... I am sure you would consider this short! So, let's see what the world of Meg and Grayson have to offer us!

I have been offered this book for my honest thoughts... So here goes!

Mr. Lori has done it again with another phenomenal historical paranormal read. Ms. Lori gave me everything I needed for a hot and steamy, mysterious and yet compelling story that took me in from the first page all the way to the last. Never was there a dull moment. This is a very riveting read that kept me engrossed all the way through.

This story has a little of everything. There is deceit, disgrace, manipulation, lies, betrayal, heart-ache and pain but there is also honor, devotion, loyalty, courage, and above all love. Ms. Lori put her talent to the test yet again and pulled every emotion from me that I thought possible. This truly is a great love story.

Meg is a daughter, sister, and friend. She is devoted to her family and friends. No matter the cost, she will protect them with her own life if need be. Her loyalty and love for them struck me the most. Meg is the friend you pray you have, the sister you wish was your own. She is an amazing woman. Even in the face of danger, she refuses to cower. Her spirit is another thing I admired as well. She believes in fighting for what she believes is the truth. But what happens when the secrets she keeps cost her her life... Or the life of her family? Does she fight or surrender? What happens when her heart falls for the dangerous man she seeks to run from?

Grayson is a drop dead gorgeous man.... A man with a past and secrets of his own that would scare most, ah hell probably everyone, away. But what helps is that he oozes charm, so that most around him don't notice the beast that lurk within. Living as long as Grayson has, he has grown cold to the idea of happiness, family and most of all - love. Those things were just not meant for him, just like normal life was not meant for him. Until he met the woman who showed up in his life and took his heart and soul (if he had one) by utter storm. But the key to some of his past lay with the woman he is trying to avoid the most. What happens when the person you need the most is the only person that is not afraid of you? Grayson has to face his own demons... And with Meg's help.... Well, let's just say that this is going to be one hell'va ride!

This story is an honor-bound story. Ms. Lori created a world so intriguing that you have to read to see what will happen. Meg and Grayson will capture your heart and not let it go... Their banter, their chemistry, their devotion to preserving what is theirs is just so.... real. The emotions run high for these characters. I can't say to much more because I want you to read the story for yourself... but you must read it!

Ms. Lori, I tip my hat off to you for another spell bounding story! Keep up the awesome work!

To find out more information on Ms. Lori, please visit her website here!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Oohhhh, Grayson sounds like my kinda guy!!! Lori Brighton is oe of those author I have wanted to read for a very long time. As a true addict I can only say; One of these days *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Cecile.I'm looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I LOVE stories that just seem to pull you into them, never letting go until the last page, and even then, there are some books I just wish would go on and on and on. This sounds like one of those books. Lori Brighton has not been known to me other than seeing her name among romance/paranormal authors, but this review has me curious. Thanks for sharing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one waiting on my kindle to read! Your review makes me want to move it up in my tbr pile! I just love her stuff-great review. :) Hope all has been well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ladies! I am glad that you all came over! This was an awesome book!!!

    Leontine~ Grayson is right up your alley!

    Chris~ Hey hon!

    elaing~ I can't wait to see what you think of this one!

    Dr J~ Hey there! Thank you for your thoughts. This truly was a good book! I can't wait to see when you read it, your thoughts! I hope all is well hon!

    Buckeye~ Hey honey! Long time! I hope all has been well for you! Ohhhhhh then, I can't wait to see what you think of that!!!

    Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"