Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fly-By Review: Dragon Blues by Edie Ramer

Once a dragon…

Saxophone player Noah Long shifted from dragon to human 2500 years ago, but the dragon blood still coursing through his veins has kept him healthy and virile. Now his secret is out, and the man who discovered it will do anything to make Noah’s blood his own. Noah’s only ally is martial arts expert Lila Fox, who heats up the fire in his belly…and his heart.

Twice a killer…

Lila Fox’s first kill was at age sixteen after her stepfather put her mother in a wheelchair. Fourteen years later, she kills another abuser to save a woman’s life. When the man who wants Noah’s blood kills her sister, she can’t let the death go unanswered. She teams up with the strangely compelling Noah, and discovers he’s not all man and has a few tricks of his own.

I have obtained the above information from Ms. Ramer's website.

Now this story is not short by no measure... it comes in at 177 pages... but it is a good read - it will go quick!

Ms. Ramer did it again; allowing me to escape into a kick ass heroine's life. But the hero is what intrigued me the most... A dragon! Oh yea, Ms. Ramer put a spin on the normal every day life; giving us a little more danger and a lot more loving in Dragon Blues. But I will tell you this... I want a dragon of my own!

Lila is one chick I would always want on my side. She is a strong, capable woman to do anything and everything on her own. Never needing anyone's help. Never caving to the demands of a man - or anyone for that matter. But her one weakness is her sister.... Her only family left. Half way across the continent - Izzy would change her and Lila's life once and for all. I admire Lila's determination to protect her family, no matter what the past brought them through.

Noah is a man bent on living his life alone. Keeping his secret safe and sound is all he cares about... that and his treasures. He has lived many lives and seen many things... but when Izzy walks into his life... Well, he thought he has seen anything or been through everything. Izzy might have brought him strife, but she also brings him Lila... Something he has always needed, but just never knew...

This story is a good, comfy read. Ms. Ramer keeps the tense hot and always tight.... She keeps the action rolling - in all directions. This story has more twist and turns which will keep you on your toes! Ms. Ramer ~ great job... and of course I cannot wait till the next Dragon book comes out to see where you take me for that ride of a lifetime!

To find out more information by Ms. Ramer, please go to her website!

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

7 comments:

  1. I have this in ebook format and I've been trying to read this book intermittently for the longest time... I just can't seem to get into it... but after reading your review... I might just give it another go... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecile, thanks for the great review! I have other Dragon books planned. I'm eager to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review Cecile. I did like this guy, an old dragon hottie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Cecile.I must read more dragon book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherry~ Hey honey! Oh gosh, how have you been?? I hope all has been going well for you!
    Oh if you have this book, I ask that you read it. A dragon book is a must read!


    Edie Ramer~ Hey hon! You are more than welcome, it was a great book. And I can't wait for more dragon books to come! Have a great day!

    Blodeuedd~ Hey honey! Thank you! This was a good book... and now I am looking for a dragon of my own! If only... lol
    I hope all has been well for you honey! Hugs

    elaing8~ Hey honey! Thank you! you must read more dragon books. I can do dragon books... just not sure about snake books, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one on my e-reader but haven't gotten to it yet. I am already in love with Noah, a musician and dragon, can you get sexier?

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review will definitely check this book out soon

    Everyday Life

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"