Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Lorelei James
By: Gina Gordon
By: Gina Gordon
When Cecile asked me to come over and talk about a book that I would recommend, only one author came to mind, Lorelei James. Unfortunately, trying to pick one of her books was an impossible situation so I am picking ten—her entire her Rough Riders series. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
But just in case you don’t want to take my word for it, here are my top ten reasons why you should pick up a Rough Riders book today!
1. I’ll start with the most important reason because, after all, we are at the Smutty Hussy’s lair. All Lorelei James books have smoking, scorching, singe-you-fingers-on-the-pages, cause-your-e-reader-to-short-circuit sex.
2. Not only is the sex hot but it is different in every book and in every scene. There’s outdoor sex, group sex, public sex, missionary sex, tie-me-up-tie-me-down sex, sex-by-the-front-door-because-the-couple’s-too-hot-to-make-it-to-the-mattress sex…the list goes on and on.
3. The heroes are all strong, alpha males willing to go to great lengths to satisfy their women. They like control, they take it--sometimes without asking (: --wield it and leave their ladies a bone quivering, limp mass on the mattress. *sigh*
4. The heroines are strong, independent women who have their own lives and their own dreams that they continue to pursue even after meeting the hero. Most of the heroines even have their own businesses. You will not find any damsels in distress in these books.
5. Cowboys….’nough said!
6. Realistic characters and plots. These are down to earth characters with real life problems. Whether it be struggling with addiction, age differences, money trouble or taking care of a two-timing dead husbands love child, these couples always come through it stronger and ultimately more complete after having found each other.
7. You will always get a happily ever after!
8. Recurring characters. I love books that show you a glimpse of old characters or give you a taste of new characters to come. Each book can be read on its own but each book contributes to the larger dynamic of the McKay clan.
9. You will fall in love right along with the hero and heroine. You will experience every kiss, savor every touch, feel every flutter. Not only with the characters but with the state of Wyoming. I would totally visit this state just because of a fictional family. Ridiculous, I know, but what can I say, I love these books.
10. Family values. These books are filled with one big, nosy, loving, hating family.
There you have it. My top ten reasons why you should become a Lorelei James fan. For me, these books are the definition of erotic romance, and include all of the elements I look for when reading, and writing, a book.
To find out more about Ms. James, check out her website at www.loreleijames.com I have included below the Rough Riders book list in order. Enjoy!
Rough Riders SeriesBook 1: Long Hard Ride
Book 2: Rode Hard, Put up Wet
Book 3: Cowgirl Up and Ride
Book 4: Tied Up, Tied Down
Book 5: Rough, Raw & Ready
Book 6: Branded As Trouble
Novella: Strong, Silent Type
Book 7: Shoulda Been A Cowboy
Book 8: All Jacked Up
Book 9: Raising Kane
Novella: Slow Ride
Book 10: Cowgirls Don’t Cry
Just in case... I could not resist this picture....
And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!