Monday, October 29, 2012

Review: The Seven Year Witch Book 2 by Jodi Redford

The Seven Year Witch ~ Available now!

Click here to read an excerpt & buy from Samhain or here from Amazon

After this much foreplay, something's bound to combust.

That Old Black Magic, Book 2

As head mistress of Beaumont coven house, Clarissa Miles has perfected two things: keeping her sister witches from accidentally turning innocent bystanders into toads, and resisting the sexy overtures of her familiar, werewolf Logan Scott.

But her resolve is vanishing—fast. Seven years ago she sold her soul to save her father, and that contract is coming due. The allure of spending her last days indulging in some dirty, naked loving is too tempting to resist.

Logan has patiently ridden out the past seven years, content to do Clarissa’s bidding and ignoring his consuming need to mark her as his. Now that the ban on witch/familiar fraternizing has been lifted, he’s off the leash and ready to launch a full-on sensual assault on her defenses. They’re destined mates, and he’ll do whatever it takes to convince her.

It’s delightfully easy to get her in bed. Get at her heart? Not so much. Especially when a deadly predator stakes its claim on her…and Logan faces a battle not only to win her heart, but save her soul.

Warning: This book contains a villain with more personalities than Sybil, a witch in search of redemption and a dirty-talking werewolf hell-bent on claiming his mate in every wicked, sexy way possible. Spontaneous howling may occur.

I obtained the above information from Jodi's website!

I also obtained this book for my honest thoughts on this story.... So, let's get to the review...

Now, I will tell you to please check out my review of Book One in this series & if you want to see what her other book did to me... Check out my review for Book Four! You will learn that I am a huge fan of Ms. Jodi's writing... or you can simply look for her name in my archive and see how much I love her! She is a wonderful author, a fantastic writer and simply a delight to lose myself over to! She creates worlds of intrigue... suspense that will leave you hanging... desire that can literally blow up things and unity that conquers all! She knows how to weave the tale of hearts... to give misery, to bring hope... to give purpose and to bring love out of everyone. She gives expression and drive to each character... It doesn't matter how small their part may be in the story... She brings everyone to life in her stories...

This story leaves off with Clarissa and Logan... Damn... ***shakes my head... Logan*** That man is just a southern girls wet dream! I mean seriously... We got a taste... well okay a little more than a taste of him in the first book *yes, you need to go back and read book one to get that taste* The man is every bit the wolf man Clarissa declares he is and believe me when I say... You will be imagining him talking to you, with those low riding jeans, no shirt... no shoes... Talking in that drawl he has... And calling you Shug... Damn!!!

But I will tell you that Logan is a man on a mission... He is tired of the games and wants his mate! No matter the cost, he is willing to put it all on the line for the one woman that has shut her heart down. He is willing to try till there is no more trying to get her to realize that she belongs to him - no matter what. But when someone else has staked a claim on her, his possessive side comes out and believe me - you don't want to tangle with this werewolf! But that is when all comes to a halt - when that someone comes to collect the stake that they have claimed over her.

Clarissa is a woman who has shut out so much in her life, to keep people at arm distance because of what her past taught her... It taught her to not want things that you know you can't have... She is not very proud of her past but making a deal with Seven to save her father's soul had to be the worst mistake of her life.. But if you asked her, she would have done it all over again... That is until Seven comes to collect... No one would fault her for making the deal to save her dad but she buries that part of her life because to let anyone know would show a weakness Clarissa felt she could not afford to show.... Until her heart started melting for the one man that promised her the one thing she knew she should not, could not have... a future.

This story kept me turning the pages and re reading to make sure I was reading right... The suspense was killing me. Yes, I actually thought of skipping pages to see what was going to happen... But I knew if I skipped I would have missed some serious, sexy Logan talking and that just ain't going to happen. That man walks in a room and I will drop whatever I am doing... Yes, he silently demands that much attention and you are not even aware you are giving it to him. He is a force to reckon with. But finding out his mate could potentially leave him forever... That does not sit well with him...

The deal that Clarissa makes can only be broken by the one thing she never wanted anything to do with... Hope... Faith... and Love... This story truly made me go... 'Awwwwwwwww' and a lot of Hot damn!!!! :)
Jodi, you did it again and again, you left me hanging with the next story to come... Which I will have a review for you guys in a couple of day because yes, I read them back to back!!! They are just that good!!! Jodi is an awesome author!! You must go check out her website (look below) and you must check out my past articles on her because she is just that damn good!!!!!!!

Oh and make sure you stay tune for tomorrow, because Jodi will be cutting up with me on my BIRTHDAY with an awesome giveaway!!!!!!!


Now, please go here to check out the That Old Black Magic series!!! Oh gosh, it just gets better & better!

 Also... to check more out on Ms. Jodi, please visit her website here!!! You will be happy you did!!!!
 
And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great review Cecile. I loved this series. It is definitely one I will re-read.And I don't re-read books. :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"