Friday, December 23, 2011

Review: Red Velvet and Absinthe Edited by Mitzi Szereto


Red Velvet and Absinthe
Paranormal Erotic Romance


The supernatural: Think vampires, werewolves, ghosts...eerie sounds in the night, impassioned whispers teasing at the depths of sleep...Think red velvet, flickering candles, love and lust with otherworldly partners who unleash passion and desire far beyond that inspired by simple mortals. Editor Mitzi Szereto's sensual stories provide thrills and chills of telltale hearts, redolent with romance and danger. Red Velvet and Absinthe will carry you away, conjuring up the romantic spirit of classic Gothic fiction with a generous dose of eroticism.
A lusty lady, ravaged, seeks comfort in the arms of her maidservent in Giselle Renarde's rapacious "Milady's Bath," while bondage and desire enslave a wolf girl to her master in "Snowlight, Moonlight" by Rose de Fer. Janine Ashbless's "Cover Him with Darkness" is an exquisite tale of secret love between an imprisoned fallen angel and the girl he seduces. Editor Mitzi Szereto's vampire romance "The Blood Moon Kiss" is sexy Southern Gothic at its finest.
With contributed stories by Rose de Fer, Janine Ashbless, Elizabeth Daniels, Mitzi Szereto, Anna Meadows, Charlotte Stein, Zander Vyne, Evan Mora, Ashley Lister, Sharon Bidwell, Claire Buckingham, Giselle Renarde, Carrie Williams, Tahira Iqbal, and Bonnie Dee.


I obtained the above information from Eden Fantasy website.


This product was provided to me free of charge by Eden Fantasys in exchange for an unbiased review. This review is in compliance with the FTC guidelines


For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems  like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

I was given this book for an honest review and my honest thoughts, so here goes...

This book is complied of some great stories! I have to say that the stories may be short, but there is definitely something to sink your teeth into... There is some substance to  claw your nails into... And there are other stories that will leave you mystified. This anthology is to be considered a part of the erotic books collection.

Some stories left me feeling like love struck a cord and stayed there... Some were so sweet and loving that it made me feel it was my first time... Some stories were dark and mysterious..
The stories that I loved reached inside and made me take notice of the characters. Made me see beyond what the writer wanted me to see and what the characters really wanted me to see.  The characters wanted me to feel their pain, embrace their love... Taste the bitter sweet darkness that hangs beyond their reach. The passion you discover is worth sneaking off into the bedroom with your other and discovering your own passion. Just beware of what lurks in those corners...
Now while the book as a whole was really good... But you know me, I am here to tell you the truth. Some stories left me feeling a bit off. Like I was left out of a joke or something. But even though I felt like I was missing something... the stories were worth reading. If you are looking for something with a hint of the dark side... a dash of some passion... Then you need to pick this book up!


Now do not forget that Eden Fantasy is not only known for the books that I am reading... 
But they also carry some indulgent sex toys that you might want to take a peek at!

**If you want to read the complete FTC Guidelines for Eden Fantasy, I encourage you go here**

And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy!
post signature

http://www.edenfantasys.com/
And remember... Keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! 
  post signature

5 comments:

  1. Ceecile! *hugs* Missed ya. How is everything? All good I hope and that your are enjoying life and reading awesome books (as proved here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Miss Hussy...love the new button!!! Sexy!

    YES! I'll ride that cowboy! He's a beauty! LOL

    Wonderful post and I love the cover...*Secret* I've got a mask very similar to the one you've got posted...course I used it in me days as Miss Housty when I robbed the blogsville bank...LOL...I had you going didn't I?

    *wink* you'll never know!
    Love and hugs
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book.Love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for taking the time to review my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mitzi! Wow, thanks for peeking in! I really did enjoy this book! The stories were intriguing!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"